Air Mauritius announces daily flights from London Gatwick to Indian Ocean Island for winter sun seekers

Air Mauritius announces daily flights from London Gatwick to Indian Ocean Island for winter sun seekers

London, UK, 2023-Mar-24 — /Travel PR News/ — London Gatwick Airport passengers will benefit from greater choice when looking for winter sun this year, with Air Mauritius announcing daily flights to the Indian Ocean island.

The flag-carrier airline will arrive at Gatwick on 29 October, and fly daily to Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, using Airbus A350-900 and A330-900neo aircraft.

This new direct service is excellent news for travellers, with around 290,000 passengers flying the London-Mauritius route in 2022, a 4% increase on 2019 numbers.

Stephanie Wear, VP Aviation Development, Gatwick Airport said: “Air Mauritius’ arrival at London Gatwick is fantastic news for passengers, providing more competition and flights to a wonderful holiday destination, known for its tropical year-round climate and gorgeous beaches.

“As we continue to welcome new and returning airlines to Gatwick, passengers across London and the South East will benefit from greater options to travel, whether for holidays, business or to visit family and friends.

“Air Mauritius is the latest in a number of airlines looking to operate long-haul routes from Gatwick, which further highlights the strong demand for slots at our airport.”

Krešimir Kučko, CEO, Air Mauritius said: “In November Air Mauritius, the national airline of the Republic of Mauritius, will be commemorating its 50 years of operations to London which has always been a high-priority destination for both the airline and the country.

“We are proud to begin daily operations to London Gatwick from 29 October. This strategic move allows Air Mauritius to meet increasing demand on this historical route while using its most environmentally friendly types of aircraft, such as the Airbus A350-900 and the A330-900neo.

“We are confident this new service plan will further strengthen our relationship with valued customers from the UK and connecting markets.”

The new service reflects VINCI Airports’ commitment to serve communities and sustain business growth by developing air connectivity. It also highlights Gatwick’s competitiveness to attract vital new routes to important markets.

About Gatwick Airport

Gatwick is the UK’s second largest airport and is a vital piece of national infrastructure that helps drive both the regional and national economy. More than 40 airlines fly from the airport to over 150 short-haul and more than 45 long-haul destinations. The airport is focused on rebuilding and growing sustainably in the long term. It has ambitious plans to be a net zero airport by 2030 and increase capacity by bringing its Northern runway into routine use.  VINCI Airports owns a 50.01% stake in the airport, with Global Infrastructure Partners managing the remaining 49.99% interest.

About VINCI Airports

The world’s leading private airport operator, VINCI Airports operates more than 65 airports in 12 countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Thanks to its expertise as a global integrator, VINCI Airports develops, finances, builds and manages airports by providing its investment capacity and its know-how in optimizing operational performance, modernizing infrastructures and managing their operations and environmental transition. VINCI Airports is the first airport operator to have committed to a global international environmental strategy in 2016, to achieve the goal of net zero emission across its entire network by 2050.

For more information:

About Global Infrastructure Partners

GIP manages the remaining 49.99% interest in Gatwick and is a leading independent infrastructure fund manager that makes equity and debt investments in high quality infrastructure assets in the energy, transport, water/waste and digital infrastructure sectors. GIP manages US$84 billion for its investors. Its 46 portfolio companies have combined annual revenues of US$61 billion and employ nearly 100,000 employees. For more information on GIP please visit

Media Contact:

+ 44 (0) 1293 505000

Main Gatwick switchboard:

+44 (0) 1293 50 7888

Source: Gatwick Airport