- The World’s Best Airline offers passengers greater choice and seamless connectivity when planning their winter getaway, including new routes to Odesa, Ukraine, and Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Passengers can connect to over 140 destinations with ease via the World’s Best Airport, Hamad International Airport
Doha, Qatar, 2021-Dec-10 — /Travel PR News/ — Qatar Airways is set to further boost its growing network with increased flight frequencies to 18 popular destinations across the globe to meet travel demand during the peak winter holiday season. This increase is part of the airline’s ongoing efforts to provide greater choice and seamless connectivity to passengers as they discover the world, via the airline’s home and hub Hamad International Airport (HIA).
This includes Qatar Airways’ inaugural services to Odesa, Ukraine, which launched with three weekly flights from 9 December 2021, and Tashkent, Uzbekistan, with two weekly flights from 17 January 2022. The airline also recently launched direct flights to Almaty, Kazakhstan, on 19 November 2021.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said: “Qatar Airways continues to develop its schedule and network by increasing frequencies to many popular destinations across the world while adopting the strictest safety measures both on the ground and in the air, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of passengers and staff. This increase will provide even greater choice to our business and leisure passengers, who can connect seamlessly via the World’s Best Airport, Hamad International Airport, to more than 140 global destinations.”
Qatar Airways network enhancements:
– Abu Dhabi – Increased from daily to two daily flights from 1 December 2021
– Algiers – Increasing from four weekly to five weekly flights from 18 December 2021
– Bangkok – Increasing from 10 weekly to three daily flights from 17 December 2021
– Berlin – Increasing from daily to 10 weekly flights from 16 January 2022
– Cebu – Increased from nine weekly to 11 weekly flights from 9 December 2021
– Clark – Increased from five weekly to daily flights from 1-31 December 2021
– Colombo – Increasing from three daily to four daily flights from 20 December 2021
– Copenhagen – Increasing from 11 weekly to 12 weekly flights from 18 December 2021
– Helsinki – Increasing from daily to 10 weekly flights from 01 January 2022
– Kuala Lumpur – Increasing from 10 weekly to 13 weekly flights from 16 December 2021
– Kuwait – Increased from two daily to three daily flights from 20 November 2021
– London – Increased from four daily to five daily flights from 2 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
– Medina – Increased from four weekly to daily flights from 1 November 2021
– Paris – Increasing from two daily to three daily flights from 15 December 2021
– Phuket – Increasing from daily to 11 weekly flights from 16 December 2021
– Salalah – Increasing from three weekly to five weekly flights from 1 January 2022
– Sharjah – Increased from daily to two daily flights from 18 November 2021
– Zurich – Increasing from daily to 10 weekly flights from 1 January 2022
Qatar Airways Holidays is offering travel packages for the inaugural FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021™, welcoming global football fans to enjoy the finest Qatari hospitality and follow their favourite team in person. Fans have the flexibility to build their own package for the FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021™, which includes flights with Qatar Airways, the Official Airline Partner of FIFA.
Qatar Airways continues to apply its flexible booking policy that offers unlimited changes in travel dates and destinations, and fee-free refunds for all tickets issued for travel completed by 31 May 2022.
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was announced as the ‘Airline of the Year’ by the international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax, in addition to securing five additional awards including ‘World’s Best Business Class’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Airline Seat’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Onboard Catering’ and ‘Best Airline in the Middle East’. The airline continues to stand alone at the top of the industry having won the main prize for an unprecedented sixth time (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021). HIA was also recently recognised as the ‘Best Airport in the World 2021’, ranking at number one in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2021.
In addition to this, Qatar Airways is the first global airline in the world to achieve the prestigious 5-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating by Skytrax. This follows the success of HIA as the first airport in the Middle East and Asia to be awarded a Skytrax 5-Star COVID-19 Airport Safety Rating. These awards provide assurance to passengers around the world that the airline’s health and safety standards are subject to the highest possible standards of professional, independent scrutiny and assessment. For full details of all the measures that have been implemented on board and at HIA, please visit qatarairways.com/safety.
Notes to Editors:
About Qatar Airways:
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was recently announced as the ‘Airline of the Year’ at the 2021 World Airline Awards, managed by the international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax. It was also named ‘World’s Best Business Class’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Airline Seat’, ‘World’s Best Business Class Onboard Catering’ and ‘Best Airline in the Middle East’. The airline continues to stand alone at the top of the industry having won the main prize for an unprecedented sixth time (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021).
Hamad International Airport (HIA), the airline’s home and hub, was recently announced as the ‘World’s Best Airport’ in the Skytrax 2021 World Airport Awards. HIA has been steadily rising in the ‘World’s Best Airports’ rankings since the start of its operations in 2014.
Qsuite, a patented Qatar Airways product, features the industry’s first-ever double bed in Business Class, as well as privacy panels that stow away, allowing passengers in adjoining seats to create their own private room, a first of its kind in the industry.
Qatar Airways was the first Gulf carrier to join global airline alliance oneworld, enabling its passengers to benefit from more than 1,000 airports in more than 160 countries, with 14,250 daily departures.
Oryx One, Qatar Airways’ in-flight entertainment system offers passengers up to 4,000 entertainment options from the latest blockbuster movies, TV box sets, music, games and much more. Passengers flying on Qatar Airways flights served by its B787, B777, A350, A319 and select A320 and A330 aircraft can also stay in touch with their friends and family around the world by using the award-winning airline’s on-board Wi-Fi and GSM service.
Qatar Airways proudly supports a range of exciting international and local initiatives dedicated to enriching the global community that it serves. Qatar Airways, the official FIFA partner, is the official sponsor of many top-level sporting events, including the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM, reflecting the values of sports as a means of bringing people together, something at the core of the airline’s own brand message – Going Places Together.
Qatar Airways Cargo, one of the world’s leading international air cargo carriers, serves more than 60 freighter destinations worldwide via its world-class Doha hub and also delivers freight in the belly-hold deck of passenger aircraft to an extensive network. The Qatar Airways Cargo fleet includes two Boeing 747-8 freighters, 26 Boeing 777 freighters and six B777-300ER mini freighters.
Qatar Executive is the private jet charter division of Qatar Airways Group. Luxury jet services are available for worldwide charter on board the operator’s wholly-owned business jet fleet. Qatar Executive is the launch customer for Gulfstream’s G700, the world’s first commercial service operator of the Gulfstream G500 and largest commercial operator of the G650ER worldwide. Qatar Executive’s service portfolio also includes aircraft management, maintenance and Fixed Based Operator services.
For further information, please contact:
Qatar Airways Group, Corporate Communications Department
Tel: +974 4022 2200
Source: Qatar Airways