- BOOK YOUR FIRST LOOK: KANSAS CITIANS INVITED FOR SNEAK PEEK OF BRAND-NEW TERMINAL AT KANSAS CITY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Project Leaders Commemorate the New Terminal’s Upcoming Grand Opening with Community Open House; a Thank You to the Workforce Who Built it and the Community that Supported It
Kansas City, MO, 2023-Jan-16 — /Travel PR News/ — A new era of air travel is nearly ready for take-off and Kansas Citians will have the first opportunity to experience the future of transportation in the region for themselves.
The Kansas City Aviation Department, together with partners Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate and design-builder Clark|Weitz|Clarkson, invite the Kansas City community to take a first look at the New Terminal during a Community Open House event on Saturday, February 18 from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central. The event will allow Kansas Citians to get acquainted with the Terminal’s new layout, parking structure, numerous amenities and inclusive features, and the variety of restaurant and retail options that will be available once the facility opens for air travel.
Kansas Citians will have the option to explore the facility in person or take a virtual tour online.
To access a link to register for the Community Open House, visit buildkci.com. Space is limited to 10,000 attendees. Interested individuals are encouraged to register early to reserve their spot. Attendees must register online and book their timeslot to experience the New Terminal in person.
A virtual guided tour of the New Terminal is also set to air on February 18 at 10 a.m. Central and will help ensure that everyone can participate in the grand opening festivities and sneak a peek at the new facility. Individuals interested in avoiding the crowds and exploring the terminal online can view the tour via the BuildKCI YouTube channel @buildkci6252.
“It is only fitting that the very people who supported us throughout this process, and those who helped us deliver this extraordinary facility – the people of Kansas City – should be the first to experience the New Terminal. We thank them for their continued support.” said Patrick Klein, director of the Kansas City Aviation Department.
Every detail in the roughly 1.1 million square-foot facility is considerate of the passenger experience, with the goal of making travel more accessible, convenient, enjoyable— and less stressful.
During the in-person Community Open House, attendees can:
- Explore the New Terminal’s modern amenities and inclusive features first-hand via a self-guided tour;
- Locate the facility’s wide variety of retail and restaurant options;
- Connect with Kansas City’s valued airline partners and their local teams;
- Engage with subject matter experts from the New Terminal’s operations, development, design and construction teams;
- View museum-quality public art installations and meet some of the local artists who created them;
- Capture some memorable social media snaps at the one-of-a-kind selfie station; and
- Participate in a scavenger hunt and other family-friendly activities.
Design and construction efforts for the New Terminal began in 2018. The project is on schedule to be completed on time and within its $1.5 billion budget. The official opening date of the New Terminal will be announced in the coming weeks.
“In the earliest days of this project, we invited the community to share with us what they wanted to see in the new facility,” said Geoff Stricker, Edgemoor senior managing director. “We couldn’t be more excited to welcome Kansas Citians to their New Terminal and show them how their ideas and desires are reflected in the final product.”
Source: Kansas City International Airport