Next Generation covets variety, value and convenience in a ski vacation
Parsippany, N.J., 2015-1-19 — /Travel PR News/ — Younger adult skiers and snowboarders want their friends by their side, a good deal in their pockets, and plenty of off-mountain entertainment. These are among the findings of a recent study of today’s ski and snowboard traveler conducted by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, the world’s largest professional manager of vacation rentals and part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN).
The study’s full findings are captured in the Wyndham Vacation Rentals® 2014-15 Ski Trends Research Report, which explores today’s ski and winter vacations. The findings reflect data collected from more than 3,000 skiers and snowboarders.
“For the industry to cater to the evolving needs of ski and snowboard travelers, it’s important we get to know the next generation,” said Mary Lynn Clark, president, Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America. “By listening to their wants and needs in a ski vacation, we can hone our offerings and help deliver the well-rounded mountain experience they’re looking for.”
Next Generation Finds Ways to Enjoy a Better-Rounded Trip
- They value promotions over tradition.53% of younger travelers (ages 18-34) are most motivated by promotions when booking a ski or snowboard vacation compared to just 38% of mature travelers (ages 55 and up); meanwhile, mature travelers are more likely to be most motivated by tradition than younger travelers (24% to 14%).
- They seek a shared experience. More younger travelers find recommendations from friends and family very to extremely important when planning a ski trip, as compared to mature travelers. They are also more likely to travel with friends (71% to 43%).
- They want service and cuisine. Younger travelers place more value on amenities like on-site dining and concierge services. 44% of younger travelers find an on-site restaurant very to extremely important compared to 25% of mature travelers.
- They don’t just ski. More younger travelers (60%) find other outdoor activities outside of skiing very to extremely important when choosing a ski destination to visit compared to mature travelers (48%).
- They look for convenience. 59% of younger travelers find onsite equipment rentals extremely important on a ski/snowboard vacation vs. 42% of mature travelers.
About Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Wyndham Vacation Rentals, the world’s largest professional manager of vacation rentals, is part of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals and the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN). Backed by one of the world’s largest hospitality companies, Wyndham Vacation Rentals provides access to approximately 103,000 vacation rental properties in approximately 600 unique destinations worldwide. Specializing in the managed vacation rental segment, Wyndham works closely with property owners to ensure all rentals meet its standards for customer service, quality and comfort. With a diverse and celebrated collection of more than 25 rental brands including Hoseasons by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, James Villa Holidays by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Landal GreenParks®, Novasol® by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, ResortQuest® by Wyndham Vacation Rentals® and The Resort Company® by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Wyndham Vacation Rentals delivers distinct vacation experiences, ranging from beachfront condos, private homes, villas, castles and houseboats, with many properties offering kitchens, washers and dryers, maid service, spa and fitness centers, and golf courses. For additional information visit our media center or wyndhamvacationrentals.com. Wyndham Vacation Rentals also can be found on Facebook.
# # #
Wyndham Vacation Rentals