New app provided by the Ingresso Group represents new revenue opportunities for agents
Langley, UK, 2015-5-29 — /Travel PR News/ — Travelport (NYSE:TVPT), a leading Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry, has announced that the Ingresso Entertainment Tickets plugin is now accessible to travel agents via its industry-leading point of sale technology, Travelport Smartpoint.
The Ingresso Entertainment Tickets plugin, developed by the Ingresso Group, provides agents with a simple way to earn new commissions by adding theatre, attraction and sightseeing products worldwide to the travel bookings they make through Travelport Smartpoint. By using the Ingresso Entertainment Tickets plugin, agents can find and sell tickets to customers in just three steps and it is free to download from Travelport Marketplace. The plugin also enables agents to use eNett virtual credit cards which are more efficient and secure as well as less open to fraud.
Other key features of the Ingresso Tickets plugin include:
- Agents can set their own pricing and commission levels with immediate payment, no invoicing required
- Best ticket prices across a wide selection of international events
- The ability to search by airport code or general terms such as ‘New York tours’
- Immediate email confirmation with no need to wait for third party bookings
- Details of purchased tickets are fully integrated into passenger name records (PNRs) and back-office systems
This latest application development is part of Travelport’s wider strategy to deliver the best content and functionality through its state-of-the-art point of sale tools. Travelport now has a broad network of over 800 developers within its Travel Commerce Platform all of whom create their own applications and accelerate the speed to market of exciting applications and new revenue opportunities for Travelport-connected agents.
Bart van Schriek, CEO at Ingresso Group, said: “This latest development is good news for Travelport-connected agencies worldwide as they can now tap into Ingresso’s direct connect technology which gives them access to the same tickets that the box office sells. The Ingresso Entertainment Tickets plugin is user-friendly, making it easy to search, filter and book tickets to various events globally and receive instant booking confirmation.”
Pieter Van Der Voort, Director Partnership and Alliances, at Travelport, said: “We are delighted to offer our travel agency customers access to the Ingresso Entertainment Tickets plugin through Travelport Smartpoint. The plugin offers a real cross-sell opportunity and agents can set the price and choose the commission they charge in order to boost revenue. This latest announcement is part of Travelport’s strategy to invest in developing new technologies and ideas, all on an open platform that delivers expansive content and improves customer service. We are pleased that Ingresso has seen the value that Travelport’s Travel Commerce Platform can bring to its business.”
Notes to editors
About Travelport (www.travelport.com)
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $8 trillion global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in over 170 countries, over 3,400 employees and 2014 net revenue of over $2.1 billion, Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business to business (“B2B”) travel marketplace. In addition, Travelport has leveraged its domain expertise in the travel industry to design a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport is headquartered in Langley, UK. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol “TVPT”.
For Travelport media enquiries, please contact:
Mark Hamilton, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)1753 288342
Mob: +44 (0)7552 212132
Kate Aldridge, VP Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 (0)1753 288720
Mob: +44 (0)7921 698757