Wunderman Thompson today launches the 8th edition of The Future 100: 2022, their annual essential trend almanac offering a snapshot of the year ahead and the most compelling trends to keep on the radar.
London, UK 2022-Jan-20 — /Travel PR News/ — The Future 100: 2022 from Wunderman Thompson’s futurism, research and innovation unit, Wunderman Thompson Intelligence, offers 100 original trend predictions across 10 sectors, spanning travel and hospitality, food and drink, culture, tech, brands and marketing, beauty, retail and commerce, luxury, health, and work.
Emma Chiu, Global Director of Wunderman Thompson Intelligence says: “Now in its 8th year, we’re delighted to launch The Future 100: 2022 and share the creative innovations that are set to go mainstream alongside the shift in consumer behaviours. In 2021, cautious optimism set the pace as the world reflected on the challenges of 2020 and looked to a year of societal healing.
“This year ushers in a resolute positivity that encourages playfulness and creativity. This optimistic outlook will take us on a journey into the near future, where a new digital era is on the horizon as the metaverse shifts from a sci-fi concept into reality. Lifestyles and businesses will shift to become climate friendly as being sustainable is no longer enough, while the physical and emotional tax of the last two years is forging a holistic, sensitive, and nuanced approach to wellbeing. Brands and marketers are leading with positivity, eager to provide joy in people’s lives by creating euphoric ads as they too ride the optimistic wave,” she continued.
Travel and hospitality trend highlights include:
· Meditative travel: Meditative integrations are making every journey a mindful one.
· Microadventures: Short excursions, weekend stays and one-night adventures satisfy avid travelers.
· Travelportation: The digital world is offering immersive travel experiences from the comfort of home.
· Mycological retreats: All-inclusive resorts are offering guided psychedelic trips for a psychological reset.
· Green Mapping: Eco-conscious travelers are opting for planet-first options and look to brands for sustainable choices.
· Top Three Destinations: These top destinations for 2022 offer sustainable tourism, COVID-19 assurance for long-term stays and ecological marvels.
· Academic adventures: NASA scientists and culture connoisseurs are leading off-the-beaten-path excursions for the ultra-curious traveler.
· In-flight rejuvenation: Airlines are creating spaces of comfort and rejuvenation for travelers to enjoy throughout their journey.
· Boosting China’s travel economy: China’s travel industry gears up for a post-pandemic future with new mega-airports, theme parks, and expanded duty-free shopping.
· Sailing revival: Travelers are taking to the seas for a more climate-friendly mode of transportation.
‘The Future 100: 2022’ follows Wunderman Thompson Intelligence’s ‘Into the Metaverse’ trend report launched in September 2021. Wunderman Thompson launched their own branded metaverse during CES 2022 to showcase insights from the report, and teach clients and brand marketers about the metaverse itself, exploring the elements of this new frontier of customer experience that will shape our future and change how we do business.
Download the full report: https://www.wundermanthompson.com/insight/the-future-100-2022
For all the press assets please visit:
Report author Emma Chiu is available for comment/interview/thought piece. Please get in touch via:
+44 7780 513411
Editor-in-Chief: Emma Chiu
Editor: Emily Safian-Demers
Writers: Marie Stafford, Chen May Yee, Elizabeth Cherian, Sarah Tilley, Carla Calandra, Jamie Shackleton, Safa Arshadullah
Sub Editors: Hester Lacey, Katie Myers
Creative Director: Shazia Chaudhry
Cover Image: Raspberry Dream Labs
About Wunderman Thompson:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world, where our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities, to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
In 2020, Wunderman Thompson launched Inspire, a proprietary global platform that explores what makes brands inspiring and what inspires consumers. Rooted in a rigorous, multidimensional research methodology, the platform identifies the qualities a brand must embody, the narratives it should weave, and the experiences it can design in order to spark people’s inspiration, and culminates in an annual list of the Inspire Score Top 100 Most Inspiring Brands in the World.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency (NYSE: WPP).