Langley, United Kingdom, 2017-Dec-04 — /Travel PR News/ — Tourism Western Australia (Tourism WA) has teamed up with Travelport (NYSE: TVPT), a leading travel commerce platform, to promote Perth and Western Australia to travel agents.
Tourism WA’s Executive Director Strategy, Brand & Marketing Services, Louise Scott said, “With access to more than 68,000 travel agencies worldwide, Travelport would help our agency effectively reach thousands of travel professionals and teach them about what WA has to offer as a tourist destination.”
“The aim of this phase of our partnership is to ensure maximum exposure to travel agents and inform them about what our beautiful state can offer visitors. This is the start of what I hope will be a long and prosperous partnership between Tourism WA and Travelport,” continued Ms Scott.
Since 16 October 2017, a targeted trade campaign has been launched with the following objectives:
- To stimulate interest among travel agents within Australia.
- To raise the awareness of unique experiences offered by Western Australia.
- To encourage more tourist arrivals for Western Australia.
Over the past month, the campaign engaged over 200 agents who have completed a mini-training portal and referred friends and colleagues to participate in the training. Based on bookings done on Travelport’s platform, there was a 16 percent growth in October for WA, compared to the same period last year.
Niklas Andréen, Senior Vice President and Managing Director – Global Hotel, Car & Digital Media for Travelport commented, “We are delighted that Tourism WA has chosen us to run this industry outreach campaign. With the high-impact marketing tools offered by Travelport Digital Media Solutions, we look forward to sharing effective promotional messaging about the State and achieving positive results with Tourism WA.”
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, approximately 4,000 employees, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.3 billion.
Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport is headquartered in Langley, U.K. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol “TVPT”.
Tourism WA is responsible for promoting Western Australia as an extraordinary holiday and event destination. This includes marketing the State; developing, attracting and promoting major sporting, arts, cultural and business events; and supporting major projects that will draw visitors to particular destinations.
Corporate Communications Manager, APAC – Travelport
T: +65 6412 2531