The family-friendly event on December 3 brings designer holiday trees, mantelpieces, wreaths and a menorah to the Georgetown hotel to celebrate the season and raise money for Children’s National
Washington, DC, U.S.A., 2017-Nov-15 — /Travel PR News/ — The Children’s Health Board (CHB) and Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC announce the launch of Light Up The Season – a family-friendly community fundraising event to benefit Children’s National Health System to be held at Four Seasons in Georgetown, 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW on Sunday, December 3, 2017 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
Designer-decorated holiday trees, mantelpieces, wreaths and a menorah will set a spirited landscape for the occasion. Each original piece is a unique collaboration between patients of Children’s National and notable area designers and businesses, listed below. The fun-filled afternoon will include activities for all ages, such as holiday cookie decorating, ornament making, a visit from Santa and Children’s National Dr. Bear mascot, musical performances and youth entertainers, silent auction, and light fare and libations. In addition, guests will be encouraged to write holiday cards for Children’s National patients. The Creative & Therapeutic Arts Services at Children’s National worked with the Children’s Health Board to pair designers with patients for inspiration and, along with artistic liaison Lisa Tureson of Studio Artistica, will continue to provide creative services throughout the event.
The holiday decor will be on display starting November 28 through December 20, 2017 and available to purchase during this timeframe as well as at the December 3 event.
“I know that every member of the Children’s Health Board is excited to combine this family-friendly holiday event with fundraising for Children’s National’s community health programs that provide vital services to the area’s most vulnerable patients,” says Margarita Arroyave-Wessel, who is co-chairing the event with Christi Perez.
“We are thrilled and honoured to partner with such talented members of the design community to literally light up Four Seasons for the holidays,” says Perez. “This event which focuses on the children, for Children’s will brighten the eyes and hearts of the community while raising needed funds for programs that advocate for the health of the children of the DC Metropolitan area and beyond.”
“It is an honour to continue to give back to our local community specifically to such an important and stalwart source of hope and care for our children,” says David Bernand, General Manager of Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC. “We are excited to have this opportunity to work with Children’s Health Board and fundraise for Children’s National especially during the season of light and giving.”
The decorations plus design consultants and businesses will include:
- Allie Mann and Alexandria Hubbard of Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.
- Annie Elliott and Christy Maguire of Annie Elliott Interiors
- Camille Saum of Camille Saum Interiors
- Charles Almonte of Charles Almonte Architecture/Interior Design
- Caryn Cramer of Caryn Cramer Interiors + Textiles
- Christopher Nutter of Christopher Nutter Designs/Pamela Harvey of Pamela Harvey Interiors
- Julia Walter of Boffi Georgetown/Brian Fell of B&B Italia Washington, DC
- Nadia Subaran, Megan Padilla and Kelly Emerson of Aidan Design
- Quintece Hill-Mattauszek of Studio Q Designs
- Sarah Wessel of Sarah Wessel Designs
- Skip Sroka of Sroka Design
- Victoria Sanchez of Victoria at Home
- Eleanor Niermann and Claire Niermann of Niermann Weeks
- Josh Hildreth and Tara Price of Josh Hildreth Interiors/Lisa Tureson of Studio Artistica
- Kelley Proxmire of Kelley Proxmire, Inc.
- Lena Kroupnik of Lena Kroupnik Interiors
- Susan Nelson and Todd Martz of Home on Cameron
- Laura Dowling, former White House florist/Ashley Greer of Atelier Ashley Flowers
- Nicholas Beck of Nicholas Beck Interiors
- Samantha Friedman of Samantha Friedman Interior Design
In addition, Thos. Moser, Handmade American Furniture, is donating rocking chairs to the décor and silent auction.
Entertainment will include cellist Benjamin Gates, Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School Choir, Blessed Sacrament Angel Choir, The British International School of Washington Performance Choir, Metropolitan School of the Arts, Reggie Rice Comedy Illusionist, and harpist Victoria Paytonwebber. Special guest appearance and meet and greet with Tina Pereira, First Soloist from the National Ballet of Canada and owner of Ballerina Couture. In addition, DC Magazine is the media sponsor. Spirits will be provided by Jos. A. Magnus & Co and cupcakes by Georgetown Cupcake.
Tickets for the December 3 event are USD 50 per child 12 and under, USD 100 per adult, or USD 250 per family of four (two adults and two children 12 and under). For more information including how to be a sponsor and to purchase tickets, can be found online, or email email@example.com. Light Up The Season is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. #LightUpTheSeasonDC
SOURCE: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Public Relations Coordinator
2800 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, DC 20007
+1 (202) 944-2059