- Passengers advised to plan ahead as some services may be busier than normal
- Bus and tram services for Christmas agreed with local authorities
- Strict Covid-19 secure protocols in place to allow them customers to travel safely
- Services to run as planned in new government tier system from 2 December
Perth, Scotland, 2020-Dec-08 — /Travel PR News/ — Stagecoach bus, tram and coach services will continue running over the festive season to help people safely travel to spend time with their families and friends.
Stagecoach has been working with local authorities around the level of local bus and tram services required for travel over Christmas. Passengers are advised to plan ahead as some routes may be busier than normal, particularly with reduced capacity on train services and engineering work impacting some rail routes. Christmas timetables are now available at stagecoachbus.com.
Carla Stockton-Jones, UK Managing Director for Stagecoach, said: “We’re really pleased with the news that families will be able to get together over Christmas. Our transport services will play an important role in keeping people connected with their families and friends and making the most of Christmas shopping opportunities.
“We have worked closely with national government and local authorities around the level of services needed to support the country during the Christmas period.
“We are reminding people to plan ahead and check before travel. Full details of our Christmas timetables are available at stagecoachbus.com.
“I would like to thank in advance all my colleagues who will be working to keep people connected over Christmas, and reassure customers that we have strict Covid-19 secure protocols in place to allow them to travel safely and with confidence.”
Stagecoach’s megabus and Scottish Citylink* coach networks will be running up to and over Christmas, with many services also running on Christmas Day. megabus operates an extensive coach network connecting major cities and towns throughout England, Scotland and Wales. All megabus tickets can be altered up to 24 hours in advance free of charge. For bookings visit megabus.com.
Advice for customers
- Plan and book ahead wherever possible to try and avoid busy times and routes
- Use contactless to pay for your journey wherever you can
- Try to avoid making unnecessary stops during your journey
- Come with a face covering to wear throughout your journey and bring your hand sanitiser
- If you feel unwell or have any Coronavirus symptoms, please do not use public transport
Following the announcement of the local restriction tier system in place from Wednesday 2 December, Stagecoach has confirmed that all of its services will continue to run as planned.
*Jointly owned venture with Comfort Del Gro
Tel: 01738 442111