SkyTeam Increases Presence in Greater China, Underscores Position as Region’s Leading Airline Alliance
AMSTERDAM, 2013-06-20 — /travelprnews.com/ — This summer SkyTeam is offering 26,833 weekly flights to, from and within the Greater China region, an increase of 26% in frequencies over last year.
SkyTeam, which has four airlines from the region: China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern and Xiamen Airlines, has grown its Greater China network by 50% over five years and now has presence in 147 cities operated by its members.
“Greater China flights account for over a quarter of all SkyTeam’s daily departures and we connect this dynamic economic region to the world’s key cities on every continent,” said Michael Wisbrun, SkyTeam’s managing director. “SkyTeam continues to deliver the initiatives that focus on the over 350,000 daily customers enhancing their travel experience while bringing seamlessness between our members to a new level.”
Greater Customer Benefits:
- Global connectivity: 14 of SkyTeam’s 19 members serve Greater China region. This includes: Aeroflot, Aeroméxico, Air France, Alitalia, Delta, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, Saudia and Vietnam Airlines. The alliance offers the only direct link between China and Latin America with Aero Mexico flying from Shanghai to Mexico City two times a week; as well as services to Africa: From Guangzhou and Hong Kong to Nairobi and connecting to 45 destinations offered by Africa’s SkyTeam member, Kenya Airways.
- “Greater China Connection” program: launched by SkyTeam’s four China members this aligns scheduling and passenger services on Cross-Straits flights. The initiative offers customers more choice and convenience, thanks to increased partnership between members.
- SkyPriority: Available at the majority of SkyTeam’s airports in the region, this series of priority benefits is SkyTeam’s “red-carpet treatment” for Elite Plus, First and Business Class passengers. It sets SkyTeam apart as the only alliance to offer a consistent standard of airport service for premium customers in Greater China and across the globe.
- Enhanced airport facilities: SkyTeam and its members have signed agreements with Beijing Capital International Airport, Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport to improve the customer experience. These include a co-located check-in facility in Beijing, as well as facilitating transfers for passengers connecting from one SkyTeam member to another at these hubs.
- Go Greater China pass: Offering flexible, discounted flights and a choice of 147 destinations, this enables customers to make the most any trip to the region. It is available to customers flying on an intercontinental or Round the World ticket to Greater China.
- To get the most out of travelling with SkyTeam, travel products have been developed and upgraded to meet customer’s needs. The Round the World product offers customers 1,000 Destinations around the globe under one ticket. Booking facilities will be added to the Online Round the World products later in the year.
- The recently enhanced Global Meetings Product offers more convenience and more attractive pricing, through a new online tool for a minimum of 50 delegates with a wide range of fare discounts.
- SkyTeam passengers in China stand to benefit from the portfolio of Travel Passes in addition to our Round the World fares. Customers can take advantage of flexible, cost-efficient travel in: Europe, USA and Canada, Asia and South West Pacific, China, Russia and Mexico.
For more information about SkyTeam’s Go Greater China pass click here.
SkyTeam is a global airline alliance providing customers from member airlines access to an extensive global network with more destinations, more frequencies and more connectivity. Passengers can earn and redeem Frequent Flyer Miles throughout the SkyTeam network. SkyTeam member airlines offer customers access to 525 lounges worldwide. The nineteen members are: Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeroméxico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines. SkyTeam offers its 552 million annual customers over 15,000 daily flights to 1,000 destinations in 187 countries.
www.skyteam.com / www.facebook.com/skyteam / www.youtube.com/user/skyteam