MIAMI, FL, 2018-Mar-19 — /Travel PR News/ — Royal Caribbean International is redefining family and adventure travel with its newest ship. Bringing to life every family’s vacation dreams, the ship is a playground of thrill and chill experiences carefully designed with guests of all ages in mind. Families can go head to head in a glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure, take the plunge down the tallest slide at sea, or soak up some sun after getting drenched on the ship’s epic waterslides and surf simulators, discovering exactly how Symphony of the Seas is the new sound of adventure for the whole family.
The Ultimate Family Suite
The new Ultimate Family Suite is two stories of thrills on every level. Imagination brings this one-of-a-kind home away from home to life with swoon-worthy features, whimsical color schemes and a whole lot of awesome. The 1,346-square-foot interactive space is designed for both the young and young at heart, providing a space for families to come together during their cruise vacation, while also offering enough room and amenities to relax during that special “me time.”
- Accommodates up to eight guests across the two bedrooms – with a “Magic Door” crawl space in between – and a living room
- In-suite slide, where even the biggest of kids can slide into fun from one level to the next
- Private cinema with an 85-inch HD TV, featuring the ultimate family movie library (streaming services included) and video games on multiple consoles
- LEGO wall, spanning floor to ceiling, for the smallest of aspiring architects
- Hidden nooks to chill and recharge and enjoy some privacy
- Royal Genie, the epitome of an ultimate insider and concierge extraordinaire, on hand to deliver surprise and delights as part of the many services and premium amenities included in the luxurious experience
And that’s just the inside; the 212-square-foot balcony touts table tennis, an interactive, three-dimensional vertical maze for kids called the Luckey Climber, and a full-size whirlpool that provides unmatched ocean views while guests soak in the sun.
Symphony will have taste buds tingling as families restaurant hop from bow to stern. There’s a little bit of everything, ensuring even the choosiest culinary connoisseur has something to enjoy in between adventures. Symphony will make it easy for families to taste the ultimate kid’s menus at sea across more than 20 restaurants found on board, four of which are new concepts for the cruise line.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade is where families cheer on their home team playing on any of more than 30 big-screen TVs, while they munch on American classics like wings, popcorn shrimp, sliders, burgers and picture-perfect sundaes. After finding inspiration in celebrating a win, it is game on at the arcade with Ms. Pac-Man, Star Wars Battle Pod, Ice Skee-ball and a lineup of other popular arcade games.
- El Loco Fresh is perfect for the family on the go with a fiesta of flavors, from made-from-scratch mole sauce and tangy salsa verde to the made-to-order tacos and burritos. This crazy delicious Mexican fare is fresh and fast for those looking to fuel up for their next onboard adventure.
- Hooked Seafood is the ultimate catch for families looking for fresh seafood. Those angling for a real taste of New England-inspired classics can enjoy lobster and crab claws, or take their pick of local fish and just-shucked oysters at the ice-cold raw bar.
- Sugar Beach candy and ice cream shop is the ultimate spot for that sweet tooth. Adults and kids alike can take their pick from a family’s favorite confections and ice creams, alongside a few sugarcoated surprises. The sweetest place on the high seas also features family-friendly DIY activities for aspirational culinary artists.
Entertainment Amped Up
Travelers will discover an unmatched variety of thrilling entertainment, with a lineup of high-tech, high-energy original productions that will captivate children and grownups alike. Shows spanning ice, water, air and stage will keep guests wowed, while brand new live-action adventures will bring out the kid in everyone.
- Battle for Planet Z has family, friends and foes go head to head for control of the last planet in the galaxy in this new glow-in-the-dark laser tag experience, complete with state-of-the-art technology and special effects.
- Puzzle Break: Escape the Rubicon challenges teams to race against the clock as they learn to work together toward one common goal – to escape the submarine-themed room before time runs out.
Adventure for All Ages
Alongside new experiences, Royal Caribbean continues to offer family favorites like the Ultimate Abyss – the tallest slide at sea; The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides; two FlowRider surf simulators; Splashaway Bay, a vibrant waterscape for kids and toddlers; skating in a real-ice rink at Studio B, a mini-golf course, a nine-deck-high zip line, two rock-climbing walls that stand 43 feet high, a full-size basketball court, table tennis, and 19 pools across 1,188 feet. The adventure extends on land for the whole crew. From grandchild to grandparent, guests can create lasting memories and discover new destinations together with a variety of shore excursions specifically designed with families in mind.
The cruise line’s robust and complimentary Adventure Ocean youth program continues to offer young vacationers, ages 3 to 17, a wide array of entertaining and educational experiences and activities infused with innovative fun and excitement. Highlights include:
- Royal Babies (ages 6-18 months) offers the tiniest guests and their parents interactive classes filled with enriching activities developed by early childhood experts.
- Royal Tots (ages 18-36 months) provides 45-minute interactive playground sessions filled with age-appropriate activities and toys.
- Aquanauts (ages 3-5 years) serves up cool experiments and the chance to become Certified Jr. Adventure Scientists.
- Explorers (ages 6-8 years) includes fun events and adventures, such as themed parties.
- Voyagers (ages 9-11 years) offers a range of activities that puts the “cool” back into learning.
Tweens & Teens Program (ages 12-17 years) allows older kids the freedom to come and go from their dedicated spaces on board, while checking out games, sports and parties with others their age.
# # #
SOURCE: Royal Caribbean International
Acct. Executive, Corporate Communications