- 19 long-haul routes are on sale as well as flights to Europe from £29 one-way
Fornebu, Norway, 2017-Aug-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Low-cost airline Norwegian will celebrate its 15th birthday this weekend and has launched a special sale giving holidaymakers the chance to bag a bargain flight to their favourite destinations. Starting today, the birthday sale offers savings on 19 long-haul routes, with flights to the US from just £99/€99 one-way and flights to Europe available on nine routes from just £29 one way.
The celebratory fares are available on 28 routes from the UK & Ireland with the special sale lasting three weeks, starting today (29th August) until the 18th September. The sale covers travel from 16th October 2017 to 16th March 2018 (see full T&Cs below). The flights on offer include:
- London Gatwick to 10 long haul routes from £129 one way – As Norwegian celebrates turning 15, the airline is also offering holidaymakers the chance to enjoy a city escape, sunshine break or snowy retreat without breaking the bank, with 10 long haul destinations on sale from just £129 one-way. Routes available in the birthday bonanza include Boston, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland/San Francisco, Orlando, Denver, Los Angeles, Seattle, Las Vegas and the UK’s only low-cost route to Singapore. Fares are available to book now at www.norwegian.com/uk.
- Belfast and Edinburgh to the U.S. east coast from £99 / £135 one-way – The birthday offer is available on Norwegian’s new routes from Edinburgh and Belfast direct to Stewart International Airport (in New York state), as well as flights from Edinburgh direct to Providence Airport (offering connections to Boston and New England) and Bradley International Airport (New England). Fares are from £99 one-way from Belfast or £135 one-wayfrom Edinburgh. Passengers can book now at www.norwegian.com/uk.
- Ireland to the U.S east coast from €99 one-way – Savvy savers can also enjoy bargain fares on Norwegian’s new transatlantic flights from Shannon, Cork and Dublin. Passengers can enjoy fares from €99 on flights from Cork, Shannon and Dublin to Providence Airport (Boston); and from Shannon and Dublin to Stewart International Airport (New York). The birthday fare is available to book now at www.norwegian.com/ie.
- London Gatwick to nine European destinations from £29 one-way – Travellers looking to stay closer to home can enjoy flights to Europe from just £29 one-way to nine destinations, direct from London Gatwick to Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Palma, Oslo, Stavanger, Copenhagen and Aalborg. All European flights are operated by a fleet of brand new 186 seat aircraft that will keep passengers connected in the skies with free inflight Wi-Fi and live TV.
Norwegian Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said: “To help celebrate 15 years of affordable flights with Norwegian, we’re delighted to offer holidaymakers further savings on 28 routes from the UK and Ireland. With affordable fares to the US, Singapore and Europe, our birthday sale has something to offer all travellers. We’re very grateful for the loyal support our passengers have shown us over the last 15 years, and we look forward to welcoming them on board for many more years to come.”
This September marks the 15th anniversary since Norwegian first started low-cost domestic flights in Scandinavia in 2002. Norwegian has grown to become the world’s 6th largest low-cost airline, now flying over 500 routes to more than 150 global destinations. In the last 15 years, over 200 million passengers have flown with Norwegian, with more than 30 million passengers choosing the airline each year.
In the UK, Norwegian now carries more than 5 million UK passengers each year from five UK airports, to over 50 global destinations. The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, and more than 200 new aircraft on order. Norwegian has been awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ for three consecutive years at the SkyTrax World Airline Awards.
Notes to editors:
Terms and conditions:
Sale starts from 29/08/18 at 00:00 and ends on 18/09/18 at 22:59
Flights from London Gatwick:
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016
Norwegian press office
+44 (0)20 3874 6100