- Will be the only service this summer between London and Deauville
- L’Odyssey will offer a twice weekly service for 27 passengers on a specially reconfigured Saab 340B
- Deauville a hugely popular domestic tourist destination
London, UK, 2022-May-26 — /Travel PR News/ — From July 1st 2022, L’Odyssey will operate a twice weekly service to the beautiful Normandy seaside town of Deauville.
The flight will depart LCY at 13.40 every Friday, with the return flight landing in the heart of the London at 13.20 every Sunday – perfect for a weekend stay.
This will be the only direct flight to Deauville from the UK, as London City looks to play an increasing role in connecting the capital to more European regions.
Deauville is a hugely popular domestic vacation spot in France and the new flight provides an opportunity for Londoners to enjoy the Côte Fleurie, the Casino Barrière Deauville, grade 1 horseracing at La Touques, and its proximity to the sites of the historic WW2 landings.
L’Odyssey will operate a full-service flight on a SAAB 340B, which has been reconfigured to offer 27 passengers a comfortable and relaxing 1 hour 5 minutes on board. And passengers will receive up to a 30 kg baggage allowance as well as an inflight snack.
Commenting on the new route, London City’s Head of Aviation, Anne Doyere said: “Whether you’re a beach lover, foodie or entertainment seeker, Deauville has something for everyone. It is an undiscovered gem for British holidaymakers and it has never been so easy to get there thanks to this new service from L’Odyssey.”
Speaking on behalf of L’Odyssey Founder and managing Director, Clément Pellistrandi said: “With L’Odyssey, we want to provide our customers with an intimate travel experience: a cozy cabin with 27 seats, very fast boarding procedures, no irritating baggage issues and reliable service. Offering time and serenity, a new luxury!”
Notes to Editors
- For more information on L’Odyssey, please visit www.lodyssey.ch
- Flight times: L’Odyssey will operate a twice weekly service to Deauville. The flight will depart LCY at 13.40 every Friday, with the return flight landing at LCY at 13.20 every Sunday.
- The airline also flies from Geneva: Toulon-Hyères (TLN); Bergerac-Dordogne-Perigord (EGC); Deauville-Normandy (DOL) and Dinard-Bretagne (DNR).
- L’Odyssey has joined forces with Wingly, Europe’s leading aviation start-up and digital platform, to market its flights to members of its community. Wingly has a community of 410,000 users in Europe and has developed digital expertise to market its available flights to the general public, including L’Odyssey’s regional transport flights.
- More information on Deauville can be found here: https://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/professionals/deauville-tourist-office/
- In 2021, London City was ranked as the most punctual airport in London
- The link to the Daily Telegraph ranking is here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/ranked-rated-britains-best-worst-airports/
Director of Corporate Affairs
Source: London City Airport