- Jamie Oliver visits Gatwick to unveil his new diner, a homage to great American comfort food
- The Diner comprises a diner restaurant section, an art-deco inspired bar plus also a ‘grab and go’ deli
- 627m2 restaurant will serve 278 covers
London, 2017-Aug-21 — /Travel PR News/ — Jamie Oliver has visited Gatwick Airport to unveil his new flagship restaurant, The Diner, a homage to great American comfort food, serving up honest home-cooked dishes in a relaxed and vibrant setting.
The Diner is home to three distinct areas, a diner restaurant section serving food in a rustic way, on big trays or in baskets, making it perfect for sharing, an art-deco inspired bar plus also a ‘grab and go’ deli.
At 627 m2 the new arrival is one of the largest restaurants at Gatwick serving 278 covers.
Dishes on offer include:
- Super Food Breakfast: Poached free-range eggs, baby spinach, super grains and pulses, smashed avocado, toasted super nuts and seeds
- Naughty Chocolate Pancakes: Chocolate chunk pancakes, caramelised banana and honey-toasted pecans
- Jamie’s Insanity Burger: Prime beef patty, free range maple bacon, Jamie’s kickin’ bourbon burger sauce, Sparkenhoe cheese and flash pickles
- Jamie’s Super Corn and Quinoa Salad: Charred corn, quinoa, avocado, feta, alphonso mango, baby plum tomatoes, garlicky lime dressing and crispy maple bacon
For passengers wanting to take food away with them they will be able to pick up a super food wrap, super food salad or Jamie Oliver inspired burrito – selecting from a choice of pulled, smoked meats, slow-cooked beans, wholegrain rice or quinoa, avocado, low fat yoghurt or Jamie Oliver’s secret chilli sauce.
Jamie Oliver said:
“I’m chuffed to be opening a new diner at Gatwick Airport South Terminal. Airports can be pretty crazy places so we’re creating the perfect space to chill out with some good food, and maybe a drink or two, before you start your holiday. Everyone is welcome, no matter how long you stay.
“We’re totally upping the game in airport food. It’s all about the diner food you love, made with incredible, sustainable produce. There’s plenty of delicious healthy dishes, as well as some naughty ones that I’ve tried my best to keep in check, but each one is guaranteed to taste delicious!”
Gatwick Airport’s Head of Retail Rachel Bulford said:
“We are excited to be continuing the long-established relationship between Jamie Oliver and Gatwick Airport; Jamie opened his first ever airport restaurant here at Gatwick in 2012 which is still the only UK airport branch.
“We are delighted that Gatwick is again working with Jamie to be the first to launch the brand new flagship concept; The Diner.”
About London Gatwick
Gatwick Airport is the UK’s second largest airport and the most efficient single-runway airport in the world. It serves more than 228 destinations in 74 countries for 45 million passengers a year on short and long-haul point-to-point services. It is also a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP and generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 on the wider airport campus alone. The airport is south of Central London with excellent public transport links, including the Gatwick Express, and is part of the Oyster contactless payment network. Gatwick Airport is owned by a group of international investment funds, of which Global Infrastructure Partners is the largest shareholder.
GATWICK AIRPORT PRESS OFFICE
+ 44 (0) 1293 505000
Source: GATWICK AIRPORT