UK signings and openings cement IHG brand family as brands of choice for owners and guests
DENHAM, UK, 2023-Mar-01 — /Travel PR News/ — IHG Hotels & Resorts, one of the world’s leading hospitality companies, strengthens its powerhouse status in the UK & Ireland with the addition of nine new hotels. These new additions illustrate IHG’s commitment to delivering sustainable growth in the UK&I, its home market and largest market in Europe.
The properties span five of IHG’s brands across its four collections: Luxury & Lifestyle Collection brand, Hotel Indigo; Premium Collection brand, voco hotels; Essentials Collection brands Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express; and Staybridge Suites, in its Suites Collection.
Matt Walton, Senior Development Director, UK&I, IHG Hotels & Resorts commented: “The addition of these hotels is a mark of confidence from both our owners and our guests for IHG brands in the UK, where we have a well-established presence already. Being able to grow right across our portfolio shows our relevance in this diverse and dynamic market. Whether it’s the promise of a memorable experience, the consistent quality or indeed our attractive loyalty benefits that keep guests coming back – we are honoured that they do.
For our owners, their investment is supported by the power of the IHG enterprise, from our platforms and distribution, IHG One Rewards – one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, to the support of our strengthened in-market teams.”
Luxury & Lifestyle collection
Cementing IHG’s position as a luxury and lifestyle leader in the UK&I market, the addition of the following new Hotel Indigo properties brings an additional 350+ rooms to two key locations, in a country where the brand has 18 open hotels and six in the pipeline.
- Hotel Indigo Exeter – now open to guests – brings 104 guest rooms and a roof top bar to the heart of this historic city. Situated a stone’s throw to Exeter Cathedral, the hotel is owned by Prydis.
- Hotel Indigo London – K West Shepherd’s Bush was signed with owners The Landmark Hotel Group and will mark a halo property for the Hotel Indigo brand in London following significant investment. Expected to open in 2026 with 255 guest rooms in this vibrant West London neighbourhood, the hotel is well position for corporate and leisure travellers alike.
voco hotels’ success speaks for itself, with almost 10,000 open rooms globally since its launch in 2018 and recognition as the World’s Leading Premium Hotel Brand at the World Travel Awards. More than 1,200 of those rooms are in the UK, across seven open hotels, and voco’s rapid growth is due to owners’ attraction to the speed of conversion, efficient operating model and value of enterprise, and popularity with guests for combining the reassurance of a big brand with the informality and charm of an individual hotel.
- The UK market is set to welcome voco Lythe Hill Hotel by the end of spring 2023 – a 60 room, historic country house hotel set in 20 acres of picturesque Surrey countryside. Developed with owners Nq2 Hotels, the property is perfect for business, leisure, weddings and events, and a base for exploring the UK’s South Coast.
An estimated two people check in for a stay every second at a Holiday Inn brand family hotel worldwide. With 275 hotels open across the UK, the Holiday Inn brand family (comprising Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Club Vacations) is a UK powerhouse. New to Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts are the following three hotels:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Oldham is a 73-key property which opened following a full refurbishment, together with owner group Ailantus hotels, growing their Holiday Inn portfolio in the UK.
- The new-build Holiday Inn Sunderland hotel opened its 120 guest rooms together with owner Cairn Group. The hotel is in the heart of the city centre with a signature Holiday Inn Open Lobby, making it a perfect stay for business and leisure travellers alike.
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport is now open, boasting 280 guest rooms. P1 Hotels, the hotel serves the major UK gateway of Manchester airport and has been developed as part of the £800m Airport City project.
With 146 open hotels in the UK, Holiday Inn Express proves popular with IHG owners, investors and developers due to its resilience, ease of roll-out and appeal to mass audiences from leisure guests to business guests. Recently joining the brand are two new properties:
- Holiday Inn Express Fleet brings 76 guest rooms together with owner Chowdhury, in a brand debut to the Hampshire town. Easily accessed by road and rail, the hotel will serve Fleet Business Park and Farnborough International Exhibition Centre.
- A conversion property being developed in the Grade II listed Theatre Royal with owner group Kennford Hotel Ltd, the 106-room Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax will be close to the town’s famous market squares and train station when open by the end of 2026. The 106 guest rooms will include 37 suites with kitchenette areas.
With a global footprint of nearly 34,000 rooms, Staybridge Suites boasts seven hotels in the UK, in cities including Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Dundee, Newcastle and London. The extended stay brand offers studios, one- or two-bedroom suites with space, storage and flexibility.
- The new-build Staybridge Suites Brighton hotel opened in the last fortnight with new owner partner Madison Cairn, an independent real estate investment, asset, and development manager. Close to the regional railway station and Brighton beach, the 101-room hotel is set to be a hit with guests seeking longer stays away from home.
IHG Hotels & Resorts has 348 open and 18 pipeline properties in the UK. In addition to the aforementioned, further hotels open and in the pipeline sit across brands including: Six Senses, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts.
*Numbers as at 31 December 2022
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 18 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 1,800 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 325,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels and reservations and IHG One Rewards. To download the new IHG One Rewards app, visit the Apple App or Google Play stores.
For our latest news, visit our Newsroom and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
About Hotel Indigo
Just as no places are alike, no two Hotel Indigo properties are alike. Each Hotel Indigo draws inspiration from the local neighbourhood, culture and popular trends in food, drink and design to create a warm and vibrant atmosphere. Our hotels provide a gateway to discover and explore some of the world’s most inspiring cities and neighbourhoods. For more information, visit www.hotelindigo.com, and connect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Hotel.Indigo, Twitter www.twitter.com/hotelindigo, and Instagram www.instagram.com/hotelindigo.
About voco Hotels
voco combines the reassurance of a big brand with the informality and charm of an individual hotel, providing guests with a dependably upscale premium experience. The name voco, originating from Latin, means ‘to invite’ and ‘call together,’ representing the brand’s thoughtful, unstuffy and charming nature. voco’s reliably different hotels combine individualized service and high-quality touches, from indulgent amenities to big, comfy beds. Guests will always get a warm welcome during a swift check in, a comfy room perfect for unwinding and relaxing, and vibrant bar and restaurant spaces that provide plenty of opportunity to connect and socialise. For more information and to book, visit www.vocohotels.com, and stay connected with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/vocohotels, and Instagram www.instagram.com/vocohotels.
About Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
The Holiday Inn brand, with hotels around the world, has helped millions of travelers discover new places and connect with each other since its inception in 1952. Designed to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers, Holiday Inn hotels deliver memorable experiences through warm and welcoming service, contemporary design that blends the familiar with the new, and a sense of comfort unique to the brand and its iconic green sign. At Holiday Inn hotels, our guests are at ease with amenities and services designed to help them work and play, including full-service restaurants, meeting and business facilities, bright swimming pools, comfortable public spaces and the family friendly ‘Kids Stay and Eat Free’ program. All designed to help guests relax, refresh and make real connections wherever they go. For more information about the Holiday Inn brand, visit www.holidayinn.com or call 1-888-HOLIDAY. Find us on Twitter www.twitter.com/holidayinn, Facebook www.facebook.com/holidayinnhotels or Instagram www.instagram.com/holidayinn.
About Holiday Inn Express
For travellers on the go, Holiday Inn Express offers the basics done brilliantly – a great night’s sleep with EXPRESS Recharge, free high-speed Internet, and the Express Start® breakfast included in the rate, all designed to help guests feel more than ready for their day. As the fastest growing brand for the IHG® Hotels & Resorts Holiday Inn Express hotels are around the world, offering a simple, smart travel experience making it the perfect launchpad for the next connection wherever they go. For more information, visit www.holidayinnexpress.com, and connect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/holidayinnexpress, Twitter www.twitter.com/HIExpress, and Instagram www.instagram.com/holidayinnexpress.
About Staybridge Suites
Staybridge Suites is an all-suite hotel brand designed to meet the needs of extended stay guests seeking a break from the travel norm. Staybridge Suites is dedicated to a simple mission to provide something different and distinct to its guests when travelling for days. It offers more space and a greater sense of community, with its spacious suites, fully-equipped kitchens in each room and the signature social happy hour. The brand had grown extraordinarily over the past decade, with hotels open across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information about Staybridge Suites, visit www.StaybridgeSuites.com. Find us on Twitter www.twitter.com/Staybridge, Facebook www.facebook.com/StaybridgeSuites or Instagram www.instagram.com/staybridge.
For further information please contact:
+44 (0) 7976 178 485