Reintroduces Seasonal Service to Philadelphia & Announces New Seasonal Service to New York LaGuardia
Nova Scotia, Canada, 2018-Dec-18 — /Travel PR News/ — Next year, travellers from Halifax Stanfield International Airport can once again take to the skies on American Airlines.
Halifax International Airport Authority (HIAA) is pleased to announce that American Airlines is reinstating seasonal service to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is introducing new seasonal service to New York’s LaGuardia Airport, with both routes taking effect in June 2019.
“We’re delighted to welcome American Airlines back to our community. The addition of American Airlines’ service to Philadelphia and New York LaGuardia to our network for Summer 2019 is an important step in strengthening traffic between the US and Halifax, the province and Atlantic Canada as a whole,” says Jo-Anne McLean, Director of Air Service and Terminal Business Development, HIAA. “These routes will provide business and leisure travellers with more options and more choice, and boost inbound tourism to our region.”
- The once-daily flight to Philadelphia will use an Embraer 175 aircraft, featuring a 12-seat First Class cabin and a 64-seat main cabin.
- The flight will begin in mid-June and end in early October.
- The flight will depart PHL at 10:40 a.m. and arrive YHZ at 1:58 p.m., and depart YHZ at 2:38 p.m. and arrive PHL at 3:43 p.m.
- Last offered in January 2017, the service from Philadelphia will once again represent increased capacity from the US to Nova Scotia.
- American Airlines offers excellent connectivity at its Philadelphia hub for connections across the United States and beyond.
New York LaGuardia Route
- The once-weekly flight to LaGuardia will use an Embraer 175 aircraft, featuring a 12-seat First Class cabin and a 64-seat main cabin.
- The new Saturday-only service is specifically designed to foster tourism to Nova Scotia.
- Improved non-stop air access to Halifax will make it easier for New Yorkers to visit our region.
- The flight will begin in mid-June and end in late September.
- The flight will depart LGA at 12 noon and arrive YHZ at 3 p.m., and depart YHZ at 4 p.m. and arrive LGA at 5 p.m.
Passengers flying to Philadelphia and LaGuardia will benefit from Halifax Stanfield’s U.S. Preclearance Facility, which enables U.S. bound passengers to go through U.S. Customs and Border Protection in Halifax before they depart for their flight, instead of upon arrival at their destination city. This means that they arrive in the United States as domestic passengers; they don’t have to wait in line to clear customs in the U.S., allowing for more convenient travel planning and easier connections, and encouraging travel between the Atlantic Region and large markets in the United States.
About Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Halifax Stanfield International Airport (airport code: YHZ) is Atlantic Canada’s principal full-service airport providing passengers and cargo clients with access to markets across the globe. An internationally recognized leader in customer service, Halifax Stanfield International Airport is certified as Airport Service Quality Assured – an industry gold standard for service excellence.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Theresa Rath Spicer
Director, Public Affairs, Marketing & Customer Relations
Source: Halifax Stanfield International Airport