Denham, United Kingdom, 2021-Nov-05 — /Travel PR News/ — In response to the changing dynamics in the virtual and hybrid event world, IHG Hotels & Resorts has partnered with expert meeting technology company Weframe at select properties across Europe.
Building on IHG’s leading Meet with Confidence Programme, the new partnership with WeFrame will offer enhanced technology for hosting virtual and hybrid meetings at 18 IHG Hotels & Resorts in Germany and 6 Hotels in Benelux, with more hotels to be added in future.
As of November 2021, event rooms in the 24 hotels will be equipped with Weframe technology, specifically designed for collaboration and teamwork, enabling guests to work more efficiently and interactively, regardless of the location of the participants worldwide.
Mario Maxeiner, Managing Director Northern Europe, IHG Hotels & Resorts commented, “This partnership with Weframe is another important step forward in the rapidly changing event world. I am very proud that IHG Hotels & Resorts, as a trendsetting global hotel company, is leading the way with this new technology to meet the needs of event planners and guests at a number of our hotels.”
The benefits for presenters & attendees of the WeFrame technology include:
- Access to Weframe collaboration tools such as a whiteboard, sticky notes, video conferencing and much more in to one digital solution.
- Use of a digital workspace, a cloud-based platform, that is visible and interactive for every meeting participant in all locations.
- Increased participant engagement through all devices, where attendees are able to collaborate interactively and contribute to the meeting via laptop, smartphone, or tablet- whilst all the content from the meeting comes together on the 86″ session board.
- The ability to work in synchronisation on the visual work surface and via video call making hybrid and online meetings easier and akin to the quality of face-to-face meetings.
- Access to Weframe One, helping participants save time, with immediate results digitally available for each participant. Both Weframe One and the session boards are easy and intuitive for everyone to use – no prior registration or installation is required, and remote participation happens via a web browser.
Daniel Steinbichler, Founder & CEO Weframe AG commented on the partnership “At Weframe we believe that people deserve interactive meeting experiences wherever they are. IHG Hotels & Resorts has a commitment to provide excellent meeting environments in all their hotel locations, and we are delighted to work together and make this vision a reality.”
Andreas Kohn, Commercial Director, Northern Europe, IHG Hotels & Resorts: “The meetings segment is currently undergoing rapid shifts and fundamental changes are taking place as never before. The last 18+ months showed us that you do not necessarily have to travel to exchange ideas, but the real desire to make meetings more personal and interactive remains with people. I’m delighted that with the Weframe partnership, we are once again showing our customers that we are leading the way to meet these needs.”
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has nearly 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 in the development pipeline.
Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Vignette Collection, Hotel Indigo
Premium: voco Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels and reservations and IHG Rewards. For our latest news, visit our Newsroom and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
For further information please contact:
+44 (0) 1895 512 663