Awards demonstrate the recognition by passengers of the unique travel experience offered across the flydubai network
Dubai, UAE, 2019-Apr-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based flydubai was named “Best Low-Cost airline serving the Middle East” at this year’s Business Traveller Middle East Awards, which was held during the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) at the Grand Plaza Mövenpick. The award, which is voted by the public and readers of the magazine, reflects almost 10 years of flydubai’s commitment to enhancing connectivity and delivering convenient and reliable travel services. This will be the sixth time that flydubai has won the award and its third consecutive victory in this awards category.
In the last year, flydubai has launched flights to Dubrovnik, Helsinki, Kozhikode and Tashkent and recently announced the launch of flights to Naples and Sochi starting this summer. Its codeshare partnership with Emirates has seen the two airlines jointly carry more than 3.29 million customers on codeshare flights across 84 destinations, with flydubai operating select flights from Terminal 3 to optimise connectivity. Emirates Skywards became the Dubai-based airline’s loyalty programme in August 2018.
To provide passengers more choice when travelling in Economy flydubai has introduced new fare types, providing passengers with Lite, Value and Flex bundles which are designed to cater to their different travel needs and budget. Its Holidays division continues to provide holiday packages for destinations across the flydubai network, consisting of flights and hotels, with the option to add ancillary services.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 237 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 47 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 59 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8, MAX 9 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 70 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubai Newsroom.
+971 555 174 642