(IN SHORT) British Airways Executive Club Members now have a unique opportunity to earn Tier Points without flying, thanks to a limited-time offer from the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Running until May 21, 2024, this promotion allows eligible Cardmembers to earn up to 200 Tier Points based on their spending habits. They can receive 100 Tier Points by spending £15,000, an additional 50 Tier Points for spending an extra £5,000 (total £20,000), and a final 50 Tier Points for spending another £5,000 (total £25,000). Enrolment for the offer is required, and it must be completed by May 20, 2024, with spending occurring by the offer’s expiry date. These Tier Points contribute to earning British Airways Bronze, Silver, or Gold status, granting members travel perks like lounge access, priority boarding, and more. The British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card already offers benefits such as collecting Avios points and Companion Vouchers when specific spending thresholds are met.
(PRESS RELEASE) London, UK, 2023-Nov-23— /Travel PR News/ — For the first time ever, British Airways Executive Club Members can earn Tier Points outside of flying, by spending on the British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card, thanks to a new, limited-time offer.
Running until 21 May 2024, this offer gives applicable Cardmembers the opportunity to earn an extra 200 Tier Points in the coming months by simply spending on their Card. Tier Points help travellers to earn airline status, which is associated with travel perks such as lounge access, fast-track security, extra luggage allowances and priority boarding.
Tier Points could only be earned by flying with British Airways, its subsidiaries and its oneworld® airline partners. This offer marks the first time that Tier Points can be earned outside of flying.
British Airways American Express Premium Plus Cardmembers will be eligible to earn up to 200 Tier Points as follows:
- 100 Tier Points if the Cardmember spends £15,000
- A further 50 additional Tier Points will be awarded if they spend a further £5,000 (totalling £20,000)
- A final 50 Tier Points will be awarded if they spend another £5,000 (totalling £25,000)
Cardmembers must enrol for the offer (enrolment closes on 20 May 2024) in their online account. The spending must take place after a Cardmember’s enrolment, and by 21 May 2024, the date the offer expires, to be eligible.
These Tier Points will be added to Tier Points that travellers have already earned, or will earn, from flying, to help them reach British Airways Bronze, Silver or Gold status.
Each tier status comes with valuable travel benefits, including:
- Bronze – requires 300 Tier Points – benefits include free seat selection seven days before flying, priority boarding, the use of business class check in desks and more*
- Silver – requires 600 Tier Points – benefits include access to airport lounges in the UK and around the world, free seat selection at booking, additional baggage and more*
- Gold – requires 1,500 Tier Points – benefits include access to First lounges, First class check in and boarding, free seat selection at booking, additional baggage, additional reward flight availability and more*
Nikki Edelman, Vice President at American Express, said: “We know our Cardmembers value the array of benefits that come with their British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card, from Avios to the much-loved Companion Voucher. But we’re always looking for ways to continue rewarding our Cardmembers for their loyalty, with offers and benefits they care about. We hope today’s limited time offer achieves this, providing customers with a new proposition; being rewarded for spending on the Card with Tier Points. This could see Cardmembers earning travel benefits like lounge access, free seat selection or priority boarding from their everyday spending.”
Colm Lacy, British Airways’ Chief Commercial Offer, said: “Over the last year, we’ve introduced lots of improvements to our Executive Club loyalty programme. We expanded our Reward Flight Savers programme to 100% of the network last December, enabled Members to use their Avios towards a British Airways Holidays booking in February and introduced Avios-Only flights in April. Making Tier Points available as part of everyday spend is just the latest step in rewarding our customers more than ever.”
British Airways American Express Premium Plus Cardmembers already benefit from collecting 1.5 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases, or 3 Avios for every £1 spent with British Airways or British Airways Holidays.
Cardmembers can also earn a Companion Voucher when they spend £10,000 each Cardmembership year on their Card. They can use this to either take a companion with them on the same flight and in the same cabin for no additional Avios or, as launched last year, receive a 50% discount on the Avios price if travelling solo**. Vouchers can be used on British Airways flights or, as of last year, Iberia and Aer Lingus flights. British Airways American Express Premium Plus Cardmembers have access to additional Reward flight seats within Club World (long-haul business class) when booking with a Companion Voucher.**
Full Terms and Conditions apply.
The British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card has a representative 113.1% APR variable. 18+, Subject to Status. Annual fee applies.
*Some restrictions apply
**Subject to availability
– On hitting the required spend, Tier Points will be transferred over to the Cardmember’s BA Executive Club Account at the same time as Avios are transferred over each month, which is 6 days prior to their statement date. For example, a Cardmember who hits the £15,000 spend threshold on 1 January, and has a statement date of 10 January, would see 100 Tier Points transferred to their BA Executive Club account on 4 January (6 days before their statement on 10 January).
– If they then hit the next requirement of £20,000 (so £5,000 additional spend, on top of their initial £15,000) on 20 January, they would receive a further 50 Tier Points on 4 February (6 days before their next statement on 10 February).
– If they then hit the next requirement of £25,000 (so £5,000 additional spend, on top of their £20,000) on 18 May, they would receive a further 50 Tier Points on 4 June (6 days before their statement on 10 June).
Source: British Airways