AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND, 2014-11-24 — /Travel PR News/ — Auckland Airport is expanding its international duty free shopping experience with the addition of a range of covetable local and international brands.
The newly opened fashion and beauty stores in the airport’s international departure area are:
- Iconic Kiwi handbag brand SABEN – the first of many retailers that will be showcased using Auckland Airport’s new international pop-up store. SABEN is also available for “click and collect” – where passengers have the option of buying online and collecting their duty free purchase when next travelling internationally.
- OPI nail bar in response to passenger demand for an airside nail salon.
- Swarovski fashion accessories spin-off lolaandgrace.
- Urban brand G-Factory selling Casio G-Shock watches.
Richard Barker, Auckland Airport’s general manager retail and commercial, says the latest fashion and beauty brands to set up at Auckland Airport mark the ongoing extension of the airport’s duty free shopping experience, including the ability to duty free shop from the comfort of their own home.
We are focused on providing our passengers with a shopping experience they won’t get anywhere else in New Zealand, with a growing range of products and services that represent some of the best of New Zealand and the world.
It’s exciting for us to have so many top retailers coming on board, from local darling SABEN to international accessories chain lolaandgrace. These new fashion and beauty brands join the likes of Benefit Cosmetics, MAC, Icebreaker, Miu from Prada and jewellery brands Karen Walker, Boh Runga and Nick von K,” says Mr Barker.
Auckland Airport is also committed to improving the range of stores at our domestic terminal. The recently opened 3 Wise Men shirt store there is already proving extremely popular.”
With over 100 retailers now operating at Auckland Airport, there is something for everyone. We will continue to target high quality retailers to open stores at the airport, providing even greater choice for our passengers and travellers,” says Mr Barker.
Visit www.aucklandairport.co.nz/shopandeat/shop to learn more about the Auckland Airport shopping experience.
Note for media:
- SABEN has an early release of selected Winter 2015 ‘The Country Club’ collection available at its Auckland Airport store. It is also celebrating its opening with lucky-dip draws for gifts valued between $49 and $129.
- OPI’s nail store at Auckland Airport provides a selection of colours not available elsewhere in New Zealand.
- All lolaandgrace jewellery at Auckland Airport is crafted using Swarovski crystals and combines bold design and on-trend colours. It is priced between $40 and $100.
- The G-Factory store at Auckland Airport stocks an exclusive range of limited edition and colour products priced between $30 and $1,500.
- 3 Wise Men is offering domestic travellers its signature service – call and order before your flight and they will have your purchase waiting for you to collect.
For further information, please contact:
+64 27 477 6120