- American grows to nearly 70 daily flights from Canada, reaffirming its commitment to the country
- Onward connections in Chicago O’Hare to over 130 destinations
CALGARY, Canada, 2018-Jun-09 — /Travel PR News/ — American Airlines has begun new, seasonal service between YYC Calgary International Airport and its Chicago O’Hare (ORD) hub. Flights are operated using 76-seat Embraer E-175 aircraft, offering a Business Class cabin, Main Cabin Extra seating and Wi-Fi connectivity. The new service will offer more than 1,000 seats per month between both cities, throughout the summer season.
Chicago becomes American’s second destination from Calgary after Dallas/ Fort Worth. American, the world’s largest airline, also offers a direct daily service from Calgary to London (LHR) in partnership with British Airways. Customers flying on the new service will have nonstop access to the Windy City and the option to connect onto American’s extensive network of more than 130 destinations throughout the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean.
“American has proudly served Calgary for nearly 30 years and Chicago will become a great addition to our existing network,” said Dorothy Perry, American’s general manager for YYC. “There is growing demand for travel between the U.S. and Canada and American is meeting that demand with a great product, operated by the best team that can connect travelers to the largest network in the world.”
|Departs YYC at 1:20 pm||Departs ORD at 9:55 am|
|Arrives at ORD at 5:40 pm||Arrives at YYC at 12:35 pm|
“It’s fantastic to see our partners at American Airlines investing in additional services out of Calgary, just in time for the peak summer travel season,” said Mark Ruel, Director of Air Service Development at The Calgary Airport Authority. “As Albertans look to visit the Windy City to experience food, sports and culture, we are pleased to welcome Chicagoans to experience the legendary beauty of Southern Alberta.”
In 2018 American has also announced the following service increases in Canada due to high demand:
- Since Feb. 15, an increase from four to five daily flights between Toronto (YYZ) and New York LaGuardia (LGA) and upgraded two of these frequencies from Embraer-145 to E-175 aircraft.
- New, year-round service between Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and ORD, since May 4.
- Effective May 4, an increase from two to three daily flights between YYZ and Washington (DCA) and also between Ottawa (YOW) and Philadelphia (PHL).
- American will extend its popular summer-seasonal service between Québec City (YQB) and PHL for an extra month, running from June 7 until Nov. 3, 2018.
- American recently unveiled its redesigned Admirals Club® Lounge at Toronto (YYZ), Terminal 3. After a significant investment, the 2,500 square feet space has been meticulously re-designed to offer comfortable seating and tranquility for nearly 70 guests.
At Chicago O’Hare’s Terminal 3 American offers three Admirals Club® lounges and a recently upgraded FlagshipTM First Class lounge.
About American Airlines Group
American Airlines and American Eagle offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries. American has hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. American is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members serve more than 1,000 destinations with about 14,250 daily flights to over 150 countries. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol AAL. In 2015, its stock joined the S&P 500 index. Connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir and at Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines.
About the Calgary Airport Authority
The Calgary Airport Authority is a not-for-profit organization incorporated under the Regional Airports Authorities Act of Alberta. The Calgary Airport Authority is responsible for the management, operation and development of YYC Calgary International Airport and Springbank Airport (YBW). YYC is an important economic engine for the city, region and province, welcoming 16.3 million passengers in 2017, supporting more than 50,000 jobs and generating billions of GDP per annum in economic activity.
SOURCE: Calgary Airport Authority
The Calgary Airport Authority
403 735 5899