Awards recognize excellence in Arkansas tourism
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., 2020-Mar-05 — /Travel PR News/ — Arkansas tourism partners from across the state tonight honored the 2020 winners of the annual Henry Awards for Excellence in Arkansas Tourism during a ceremony at the 46th Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism, held March 1-3 in Fort Smith. The Henry Awards honor individuals and organizations that have made important contributions to the state’s tourism industry in the preceding year.
Stacy Hurst, secretary of the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism, served as master of ceremonies and Governor Asa Hutchinson and Miss Arkansas Darynne Dahlem assisted in the presentation of the awards.
The winners were:
- Tourism Person of the Year: J.R. Shaw of Visit Rogers
- Media Support Award: Arkansas Festivals and Events Association
- Bootstrap Award: Marvell Civic Club for the Levon Helm Project
- Exceptional Use of Social Media Award: Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau Social Media Team
- Outstanding Digital Campaign/Website Award: Searcy
- Distinguished Volunteer Service Award: Clinton Presidential Center Volunteers
- The Natural State Community Development Award: Rogers
- Tourism Region of the Year (2020 People’s Choice Award): Arkansas Delta Byways
The Henry Awards have been a feature of the annual Arkansas Governor’s Conference on Tourism since their debut in 1981. The awards are named for Henri de Tonti, founder of Arkansas Post in 1686, and who is often hailed as the first “Arkansas Traveler.”
For more information, contact Leah DiPietro at 501-682-7606 or email email@example.com.
About Arkansas Tourism
Arkansas Tourism, a division of the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism, strives to expand the economic impact of travel and tourism in the state and enhance the quality of life for all Arkansans. The division manages 14 Arkansas Welcome Centers and employs more than 60 staff members across The Natural State. For more information, visit www.arkansas.com.
Leah DiPietro – Communications Manager
Little Rock, AR
Source: Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism