- Ground-breaking low cost transatlantic flights continue as fifth US destination goes on sale
- Norwegian will offer the only direct link from London Gatwick to Boston
- Flights launch on 13 May 2016 and will fly four times per week
Fornebu, Norway, 2015-8-19 — /Travel PR News/ — Low-cost airline Norwegian has today put on sale the UK’s cheapest flights to Boston with fares from £179 one way.
The brand new flights went on sale today at www.norwegian.com and will offer the only direct link between London Gatwick and Boston Logan – launching on 13 May 2016.
Norwegian is the only airline to offer UK passengers low-cost long haul flights to America and already serves New York, LA, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale. Boston will become the fifth US destination as Norwegian’s ground-breaking transatlantic flights continue to prove popular with UK passengers.
In total Norwegian will add over 60,000 affordable seats between Boston and London over the next six months, helping to dramatically reduce the cost of travel to New England. The flights use state of the art 787 Dreamliner aircraft and will depart on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays. Norwegian will also be launching direct services to Boston from both Copenhagen and Oslo.
Norwegian CEO Bjørn Kjos said: “Today we have launched the UK’s cheapest flight to Boston, helping to make this popular New England city affordable at long last.
“Norwegian offers the UK’s only low-cost, long haul travel to the USA and Boston will become our fifth new destination since introducing our pioneering flights last year. We expect Boston to be a popular addition offering an exciting new city break, and providing affordable access to the New England region for both business and leisure travellers.
“The cost of flying to America has been too high for too long, and the success of our transatlantic flights show there is huge demand for quality, affordable long haul travel. We are pleased to add Boston to our network from London Gatwick as we continue our exciting plans for UK growth.”
|Departs London Gatwick||Arrives Boston Logan|
Norwegian is now the third largest airline at London Gatwick, offering a total of 29 flights to Europe and six long-haul flights including the UK’s only links to Puerto Rico and Fort Lauderdale.
More than 200,000 passengers flew transatlantic with Norwegian since the long-haul network was launched last year.
Norwegian operates one of the youngest fleet of aircraft in the world and also operates flights from Edinburgh, Manchester, and Birmingham airports with free Wi-Fi available to all European destinations.
Notes to Editors: Norwegian in the UK
Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and is Europe’s third largest low-cost airline. The carrier operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 34 destinations worldwide.
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.4 million yearly passengers as of June 2015, and with 130 pilots and 300 cabin crewworking from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. flying directly from Gatwick to New York, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to 29 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax.
- Press Contact
- (+44) 0203 824 4890
- For customer service:+47 815 21 815