ATLANTA, 2014-8-29 — /Travel PR News/ — Travelport, a leading travel commerce platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry, in partnership with Softvoyage, Canada’s leading provider of vacation booking software, today announced enhanced functionality of its popular Galileo Vacations booking engine.
Travelport-connected agents now have immediate access to the powerful and free TripBook and TripSearch tools — available through Travelport — which will make it even easier for travel agents to sell and book the perfect vacation for their customers.
Accessible via the “My Bookings” tab on Galileo Vacations, TripBook is a new after-booking sales tool that allows travel agents to maintain client relationships after the initial booking propose additional trip components prior to departure, access a customer’s complete booking information, make payments and more.
Using the TripBook tool, travel agents can:
- Add a payment to an existing booking using a secured environment
- Send eDocs for participating suppliers
- Cancel a booking
- Send the My Booking Summary by email (with or without the commission amount)
- Print the My Booking Summary (with or without the commission amount)
- Consult and print the supplier hotel description for Packages
- Consult and print the Google Maps and the points of interest for the property
- Consult and print the Travel Guide available on SIREV for the destination
- Consult and print the Monarc.ca rating for the property
- Add client email address to Monarc.ca, the travel experience rating site, after travel has taken place
To complement the TripBook tool, Travelport and Softvoyage have also integrated TripSearch, which is available on Galileo Vacations’ Package Search Results page. It provides notification when a package price changes and gives agents the ability to save a quote which can be easily referenced when following up with a customer.
“TripBook and TripSearch are flexible and free booking tools designed to help travel agents increase sales and customer satisfaction,” said Dan Langevin, vice president, Sales and Marketing for Softvoyage. “We’re delighted to have worked closely with Travelport to integrate these easy to use tools into Travelport’s industry-leading Galileo Vacations shopping and booking system.”
“Travel agents want to improve their ability to maintain post-booking relationships with customers and convert these opportunities into more sales,” said Maurita Baker, general manager, Travelport Canada. “The TripBook and TripSearch features, available to Canadian travel agents through Travelport, are valuable new tools that demonstrate Travelport’s ongoing commitment to provide travel agents in Canada with superior travel content and industry-leading tools.”
# # #
Notes to Editors-
About Galileo Vacations (www.galileovacations.com)
Galileo Vacations is Travelport’s web-based shopping and booking tool for travel agencies in Canada. It allows agents to search and book vacations offered by leading Canadian tour operators from a single screen as part of an agent’s normal workflow processes.
About Softvoyage (www.softvoyage.com)
Founded in 1987, Softvoyage specializes in the development of technological solutions for tour operators, travel agencies and consolidators. Softvoyage has established itself as one of the principal software solution innovators and developers dedicated to the travel industry in North America. With offices in Montreal and Toronto and sales representatives in Europe and the US, Softvoyage ensures the highest level of support and satisfaction for its clients.
About Travelport (www.travelport.com)
Travelport is a leading travel commerce platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in over 170 countries, approximately 3,600 employees and 2013 net revenue of $2.1 billion, Travelport is a privately owned company comprised of:
- Our Travel Commerce Platform, through which we facilitate travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in our proprietary business to business (“B2B”) travel commerce marketplace. As travel industry demands evolve, we are utilizing our Travel Commerce Platform to redefine the electronic distribution and merchandising of airline core and ancillary products, as well as extending our reach into the growing world of travel commerce beyond air, including to hotel, car rental, rail, cruise line and tour operators. In addition, we have leveraged our domain expertise in the travel industry to design a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions. We also utilize the extensive data managed by our Travel Commerce Platform to provide an array of additional services, such as advertising solutions, subscription services, business intelligence data services and marketing-oriented analytical tools to travel agencies, travel providers and other travel data users.
- Our Technology Services, through which we provide critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport Media Contacts:
Jill Brenner/Senior Communications Director, Travelport
Tel: +1.973.753.3110; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Florence/Senior Manager Corporate Communications, Travelport
Tel: +1.770.563.5901; Email: email@example.com
Softvoyage Media Contact:
Dan Langevin/Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Softvoyage
Tel: +1.905.825.3392; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org