Sydney, Australia, 2017-Sep-01 — /Travel PR News/ — The Qantas Group has announced a reorganisation of its executive leadership team.
Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce said the new structure would help the company keep delivering for customers and shareholders.
“Over the past three years, our senior executive team has led the Group through a major turnaround. We’re now entering a phase of ongoing improvement and innovation, and these changes will help drive that.
“This is also about making the best use of the considerable leadership talent at the top level of our organisation,” he added.
The changes among the direct reports to Alan Joyce are:
- Jon Scriven (Group Executive of People and Culture) will retire after eight-and-a-half years at Qantas. Lesley Grant, currently CEO of Qantas Loyalty, will step into this role.
- Jayne Hrdlicka will move from CEO of Jetstar Group to become CEO of Qantas Loyalty and Digital Ventures, which will now also include innovation.
- Gareth Evans will move from CEO of Qantas International to become CEO of Jetstar Group.
- Alison Webster, who is currently Executive Manager of Freight, Catering & Airports, will become CEO of Qantas International.
- Olivia Wirth will take on responsibility for customer and digital strategy, in a new role of Chief Customer Officer. This is in addition to her existing responsibilities for Brand, Marketing and Corporate Affairs.
- Andrew Finch will take on the responsibility for Office of the CEO in additional to his current responsibilities as General Counsel and Company Secretary.
- Andrew David, currently CEO of Qantas Domestic, will also assume responsibility for Qantas Freight, Catering and Airports.
Mr Joyce said the retirement of Jon Scriven and the promotion of Alison Webster from within the business to the executive management group reflected renewal within a well-established team.
“Jon has been instrumental to the overall transformation of our business and has also driven the strategy to increase the engagement levels of our people, which are now at record levels.
“I’m pleased that we will be welcoming a new member to the Qantas executive team, with Alison Webster joining as the CEO of Qantas International.
“Alison has close to 30 years’ experience in aviation, including 13 at Qantas. She’s held senior executive roles across commercial, customer and operations here and with British Airways,” added Mr Joyce.
Transition to the new structure will begin in November this year. The last change to the Qantas Group leadership team was in 2014.
Group Management Committee (from November 2017)
Andrew David – CEO Qantas Domestic & Freight (currently CEO Qantas Domestic)
Gareth Evans – CEO Jetstar Group (currently CEO, Qantas International & Freight)
Andrew Finch – General Counsel & Group Executive, Office of the CEO (currently General Counsel and Company Secretary)
John Gissing* – Group Executive Associated Airlines & Services
Lesley Grant – Group Executive, People & Culture (currently CEO, Qantas Loyalty)
Jayne Hrdlicka – CEO Qantas Loyalty & Digital Ventures (currently CEO, Jetstar Group)
Tino La Spina* – CFO, Qantas Group
Rob Marcolina* – Group Executive Strategy, Transformation & IT
Andrew Parker* – Group Executive Government, International and Regulatory Affairs
Alison Webster – CEO Qantas International (currently Executive Manager, Freight, Catering & Airports)
Olivia Wirth – Chief Customer Officer (currently Group Executive, Brand, Marketing & Corporate Affairs)
Biographies of all Qantas Group Executives can be accessed here .
Alison Webster – Career Summary
Alison Webster has significant experience in the aviation sector in Australia and the UK, working across commercial, operations and customer. Alison has held a number of senior executive roles at Qantas, most recently as the Executive Manager Qantas Freight, Catering and Australian Airports, a position she has held since 2014. She has also held positions at Qantas responsible for international customer experience and cabin crew. Prior to this, Alison worked in operations and commercial roles at British Airways.
Qantas Media +61 418 210 005 email@example.com