Perth Airport Aspire Lounge Terminal 1 International celebrates the best of WA.
Zurich, Switzerland, 2022-Mar-01 — /Travel PR News/ — Thousands of Western Australians will have the opportunity to experience a world-class lounge experience, no matter their class of travel, following the grand opening of the Perth Airport Aspire Lounge Terminal 1, the first pay-per-use international lounge in the state.
The brand-new lounge, built by Swissport’s Aspire in partnership with Perth Airport, is set to open on Thursday, 10 March 2022, shortly after the re-opening of the Western Australian border.
Set in the airport’s former Control Centre on level 3 of Terminal 1, the lounge will provide travellers leaving the country with panoramic views of the airfield and Perth city skyline, as well as easy access to the international departures area and boarding gates.
Built in partnership with Perth Airport, the showcase Aspire lounge has been designed to truly reflect the community and culture of Western Australia.
It will include artwork and installations by local artists, local produce, wines, and beers – and a giant quokka for a perfect departing photo opportunity.
Kevin Brown Perth Airport CEO said the new luxury lounge was a fantastic new feature for passengers as international leisure travel returns.
“Pay-per-use lounges are becoming more popular at international airports both interstate and around the world.” Mr Brown said.
“They provide passengers, regardless of what air ticket they have, a dedicated space to relax, refresh and recharge before a long flight.
“International travellers from Perth Airport have never had a pay-per-use lounge option, but the wait will be more than worth it. We believe this will be the best lounge of its type in Australia. Western Australians deserve it,” Mr Brown said.
Swissport Australasia Managing Director Brad Moore said through Aspire, more travellers will be able to have a relaxing start to their journeys.
“We are delighted to unveil one of the world’s most stunning airport lounges, celebrating the best of Western Australia with the work of local artists, local wines and local wildlife,” Mr Moore said.
“Perth locals will enjoy the panoramic views of their airport and surrounds with rich colours, luxury fittings, giving travellers a perfect start to their journeys. West Australians have missed international travel for more than two years and as Australians start flying overseas, many of them will be thinking about how they can make their journeys as memorable as possible.
“Our aim is to leave a strong, lasting impression on visitors, with so many comfortable spaces, local flavours, and experiences designed to surprise and delight.
“The opening of the Perth Airport international Aspire lounge at T1 marks an important milestone in the expansion of our global lounge network and in our growth in Asia-Pacific.”
The country’s newest Aspire lounge is due to open on 10 March 2022 and passengers will be able to pre-book their lounge tickets online via the Perth Airport website for $66 per visit or a walk-up rate of $77. Priority Pass members will also be granted access along with participating credit card programs and airline partners. Aspire PER T1’s initial opening hours will reflect key partner airline schedules which are likely to be limited in the first few months after borders open and will grow over time.
The lounge is Swissport’s fifth in Australia, after opening the Perth Airport Aspire Lounge Terminal 2 in August 2021 for domestic travellers and re-opening The House by Aspire lounges in Sydney and Melbourne in February 2022. My Lounge by Aspire at Brisbane Airport will re-open in coming months.
Media Visits: Available on request but please note a security clearance will be required.
Other key facts about the Perth Airport Aspire Lounge Terminal 1 International:
- The pay-per-use airport lounge will provide comfortable seating, fully accessible shower facilities and baby change, multiple dining and bar options, along with charging stations and a host of other facilities for working, dining or relaxing.
- The food service will offer contemporary classics and modern fare utilizing the best locally sourced ingredients. The dishes will be served buffet style. The bar service includes local beers, regional wines and other beverages.
- The design will connect customers with the Perth surroundings through finishes, artwork, local produce and beverages. It will deliver a strong local sense of place uniquely inspired by local nature, rituals, and colours of Western Australia. Two Western Australian artists have contributed considerably to the design: Michael Haluwana, Photographic Artist, whose Western Australian landscapes and seascapes feature throughout the lounge. Haluwana’s images of Horizontal Falls and Montgomery Reef in the Kimberley region and Roebuck Bay in Broome adorn the bathroom ceilings. And his stunning Perth cityscape lightbox decorates one of the lounges many quiet seating zones. Indigenous Artist Barry McGuire who has designed two special installations and advised on other features designed to inform and educate on local customs. On entry to the lounge, visitors see six beautiful glass panels which represent the Six Noongar Seasons. An Indigenous message stick with 14 designs that represent the Noongar Language Groups has been carved into recycled Jarrah and adorns the viewing area. Barry McGuire is a Balladong, Wadjuk, Noongar and has completed numerous prestigious art installations across Perth with the most iconic being the art around the Perth Stadium, awarded the world’s most beautiful sporting stadium. A feature wall is adorned with Leah Paige Designs Indigenous wallpaper range from Scandinavian Wallpaper and Décor featuring art by Noongar artist, Yondee Shane Hansen.
- Business travellers can enjoy the business lounge providing modern and spacious desk areas with comfortable office chairs and charging spaces, situated near the entry to allow business guests to enter and leave with ease.
- The separate family area provides booth seating and special features to educate, inspire and entertain guests of all ages. Kids can learn about WA’s indigenous history and most special places to visit through images, descriptions, and activities. Guests can take a selfie with Captain Quokka, a giant custom Quokka sculpture created by the Natureworks team.
- Several COVID-safe practices will be in place including a low-contact menu offering, increased cleaning schedules and digital newspapers. Guests can spread out through the lounge’s various zones and thoughtful seating configurations which provide a quiet and private space to relax.
- Bathroom products are provided by Boodjera, an Aboriginal owned company which uses all-natural plant-based formulas and 100% recycled bottles.
Tel: +61(0)422 834 912
Tel: +61 8 9478 8766
Tel: +61(0)412 244 582