Edinburgh, Scotland, 2018-Jun-11 — /Travel PR News/ — A Fife hotel, which is helping to revitalise North Queensferry, is celebrating after earning a 4-star grading from VisitScotland.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing achieved the award on the first time of asking following its relaunch as a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in August 2017.
Having recently undergone a multi-million pound makeover, the hotel, which boasts stunning views of the three Forth Bridges spanning the Forth Estuary, has been credited with not only providing high-end accommodation for visitors but also employment opportunities for the local community.
Taken over by the family-run Cairn Group in 2013, the property became part of the DoubleTree by Hilton franchise and has benefitted from a £15m refurbishment as well as a change in service standards, allowing it to achieve its four-star grading.
The hotel has also doubled the number of bedrooms and transformed the hotel’s restaurant into the Shore Grill & Fish House.
Following a VisitScotland Quality Assurance visit, the hotel was praised for providing excellent standards of cleanliness and service. Staff members were also commended for being friendly and approachable while providing outstanding service, helping to exceed guests’ needs and expectations throughout the duration of their stay.
Stuart Douglas, General Manager of DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing: “We are thrilled that DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing has received a 4-star rating from VisitScotland. This has been a great boost for both new and existing members of the team and we hope to continue to provide excellent customer service to our guests here by helping to fulfil their needs and expectations.”
Caroline Warburton, VisitScotland Regional Leadership Director said: “My congratulations go to everyone at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing on their four-star grading. It is well deserved and recognition of the quality of the experience which the team is offering their guests.
“Our Quality Assurance schemes are world-leading and provide a trusted, independent and impartial source of information for visitors. The star rating reflects both the guest experience and the investment in the business itself. The team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing can be extremely proud of this achievement.”
The VisitScotland Quality Assurance scheme, which has been developed and improved over 30 years, provides visitors with an independent, impartial and trusted guide to standards.
Delivered by a dedicated team of experts who offer scheme members advice and support on how to not only meet visitor expectations but exceed them, the scheme aims to drive standards and encourage excellence whilst helping businesses reach their full potential and secure their success.
For more information on Doubletree Hilton Hotel visit:
To learn more about VisitScotland’s Quality Assurance scheme visit: www.visitscotland.org/business_support/quality_assurance.aspx
Notes to Editors
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
- This will be supported by five overarching strategies: Marketing, Events, Quality and Sustainability, Inclusive Tourism, International Engagement.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- Spending by tourists in Scotland generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain and contributes around £6 billion to Scottish GDP (in basic prices). This represents about 5% of total Scottish GDP
- For VisitScotland’s press releases go to http://www.visitscotland.org/media_centre.aspx, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions go to http://www.visitscotland.org/
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
2018 Year of Young People
- The Year of Young People (YoYP 2018) will inspire Scotland through its young people aged 8 to 26, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contributions to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally
- Central to YoYP 2018 will be a celebratory events programme that puts young people at the heart of its development and delivery, creating new and valuable experiences for young Scots and the wider public, with links to the inaugural 2018 European Championships.
- Over 200 young people throughout Scotland are currently being recruited to become YoYP 2018 Ambassadors. Ambassadors will ensure that people and organisations in their communities know about what’s happening and will lead on projects and activities to create events and opportunities to celebrate young people.
- The Year of Young People will have six themes which were developed in co-production with young people themselves:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing – supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture – celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
- Further information on what’s happening and how people can get involved can be found on the new website www.yoyp2018.scot or @YOYP2018 on Twitter.
Senior Corporate Press Officer – National
North Region, Consumer PR (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 472 2052
Out of hours – 0131 472 2324