At the epic showcase of up-and-coming local talent, the artists will each perform live for A&R executives from major and independent record labels to earn possible performance and recording opportunities
Chicago, IL, 2019-Oct-11 — /Travel PR News/ — The City of Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is pleased to announce the 14 local artists and bands selected to participate in the 2019 ChicagoMade A&R Auditions. The epic, live showcase of up-and-coming local talent will take place on Saturday, October 26, Noon–4pm in the Claudia Cassidy Theater of the Chicago Cultural Center (78 E. Washington St.). A limited number of artists were selected from more than 170 applications submitted to DCASE in September. The showcase is FREE and open to the public.
Kosine, the nine-time Grammy® Award-nominated producer and songwriter, Beats 1 Radio personality, and motivational speaker, will serve as program emcee. He is behind some of the biggest hits for Nikki Minaj, Rihanna, Big Sean, Justin Bieber, Nas, and many more.
An open call took place in September for all Chicagoland-based artists and bands of all music genres, age 14 and up, to apply for audition spots. From the submissions received, a limited number of artists were selected by a panel of industry professionals to showcase their work on October 26. The selected artists will perform live in front of A&R (Artist & Repertoire) executives from major and independent record labels to be considered for the following possible opportunities:
- A talent consultation with Radio’s Disney Network’s Phil Guerini, with possible performance opportunity on a Radio Disney-hosted show and/or an on-air interview and “First Listen” of your song on Radio Disney
- A meeting in Nashville, Tennesee, with Curb Records A&R staff member
- Performance opportunities at the 40th Annual Taste of Chicago in Grant Park
- Four hours of studio time at the legendary Chicago Recording Company Studios
2019 Participating A&R Executives
- Tuo Clark, Senior Vice President A&R, Def Jam Records. Clark is responsible for oversight of select artist projects and is one-half of the Grammy®-nominated Da Internz Production Duo.
- Phil Guerini, Vice President, Music Strategy Disney Channel World Wide & GM, Radio Disney Network. Guerini oversees the music strategy of the DCWW networks, including Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and all aspects of Radio Disney programming.
- Laurel Kittleson, Vice President of Artists Development and A&R at Curb Records. Kittleson develops new artists and cultivates new talent for the label.
- Rose Razal, Executive Producer at the Chicago Recording Company. The Chicago Recording Company has been in operation since 1975 and remains one of the music industry’s most legendary recording studios today.
2019 Artists/Bands and Genre
- Hobbyist–Alternative Rock
- NDPNDNT–Hip Hop
- King Melik–Hip Hop
- Ausar–Hip Hop
- Candy Irene–Hip Hop
- Rylie Jobe–Pop
- Leo Sclamberg–Pop
- Opal Staples–R&B
- Cuckoo Baby–Pop
- London Lo–R&B
- Angéle Anise–R&B
- Kiara Lanier–R&B
- Peter Jericho–World Music
- Superstar Patience–Pop
Absolutely no walk-in auditions will be allowed on October 26. DCASE does not guarantee any audition outcomes. If interested, music label representatives will contact participants directly. There is no cost to the artists to apply or to audition through this program. For complete details and updates visit cityofchicago.org/dcase and follow the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events or Creative Chicago–Music on Facebook and Twitter @CreativChiMusic or @ChicagoDCASE.
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) is dedicated to enriching Chicago’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy. This includes fostering the development of Chicago’s non-profit arts sector, independent working artists and for-profit arts businesses; providing a framework to guide the City’s future cultural and economic growth, via the 2012 Chicago Cultural Plan; marketing the City’s cultural assets to a worldwide audience; and presenting high-quality, free and affordable cultural programs for residents and visitors. For more information, visit cityofchicago.org/dcase.
Source: City of Chicago