Lisbon, Portugal, 2017-Jun-21 — /Travel PR News/ — The Airline took the podium at the International Istanbul Film Festival with its latest onboard safety video
TAP was recognized internationally for its new safety video, ranking second in the Tourism Companies category of the ‘International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival’ which took place last night in the city of Istanbul, Turkey. ‘The Journey’, the video in which TAP explains the safety rules aboard its planes, is the first of the Airline with a remarkably retro image and narrative.
Filmed in full at the Air Museum in Sintra, and launched on March 14 this year, TAP’s birthday, this safety video was attended by eight crew members of the Airline, who wore several of TAP’s uniforms that made history. In addition to the clothing, there were several elements in the Air Museum to be used in this production. From vintage suitcases to antique furnishings, to a 1960s “Follow Me” vehicle and the CS-TDE, a replica of the first DC-3 Dakota purchased by TAP, everything in this video is of origin.
The ‘International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival’ is one of the 15 festivals recognized by the Tourism Film Festivals Committee, alongside Cannes, Berlin, Los Angeles and New York, among others.
In addition, since its launch, this TAP safety video has also been recognized at Terres Cataluya – International Eco & Tourism Film Festival in Spain, where it was chosen to be part of the official selection of the event, won the award for best web film, awarded by the Australian site “Best Ads on TV” last week, and was also part of the shortlist of Portuguese Lusophone Creativity Awards. It has also been nominated to the Zagreb International Tourism Festival.
These distinctions are added to the list of titles already won by TAP’s safety videos:
- Special prize at the 10th edition of the ‘Film Art & Tourism Festival – FilmAT’ in Warsaw, Poland – May 2015;
- Finalist at ‘SILAFEST – The International Festival of Tourist and Ecology Film’ in Serbia – September 2015;
- First Prize in the “Mobility & Transports” category and Special Prize in the “Branding & Business Award” category at the 8th edition of ‘ART & TUR – International Tourism Film Festival’ – October 2015;
- Berlin Multimedia Tourism Prize – ‘Golden City Gate (Das Goldene Stadttor 2016 – Tourism Multimedia Award’);
- Silver Medal in the 2016 edition of ‘New York Festival’s World’s Best TV & Films’ – April 2016.