Montréal, 2017-Jun-21 — /Travel PR News/ — Airports Council International (ACI) has announced Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, President of the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), as keynote speaker for the 27th ACI Africa/World Annual General Assembly Conference & Exhibition. Dr. Aliu will address delegates following the opening session of the conference, taking place from 16–18 October 2017 in Port Louis, Mauritius under the theme: “Bold leadership in a time of change.”
“ACI is pleased to have Dr. Aliu join airport practitioners from around the world in Mauritius,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World. “Dr. Aliu’s participation builds on a long lasting relationship between ACI and ICAO. The theme of this year’s conference, which Dr. Aliu will touch on during his keynote address, recognizes the bold leadership airport managers must successfully exercise in order to carry out their crucial role in the economic and social health of communities, countries, regions and the world at large. The conference programme will help airports craft and implement strategies for their sustainable development to continue providing those benefits.”
The conference programme will highlight a number of important topics essential to airports across regions. The session “Creating a strong security culture,” will focus on the importance of establishing a tight-knit community and fostering a security culture that can benefit the whole security system, including the recognition of suspicious behaviour and tackling insider risk.
The session “The road to success: learning from the world’s best airports in customer experience,” will allow delegates to obtain vital lessons directly from winners of the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards on how they have built and maintained an excellent customer experience.
Delegates will also gain insights from airport CEO’s on gaining cost efficiencies and working more effectively with their airline customers and other role players on the airport platform through the adoption, integration and implementation of new and existing technologies through the session “How airport CEO’s view the digital transformation.” Other session topics include: taxes, connectivity and sustainable tourism; barriers and opportunities to grow; and, a view from ACI’s World Business Partners. A detailed programme of the conference can be found visiting the website.
Notes for editors
1. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2017, ACI serves 623 members operating 1,940 airports in 176 countries.
2. Register or learn more about the 27th Annual ACI Africa/World Annual General Assembly, Conference & Exhibition.
3. View images from the 26th ACI North America/ World Annual General Assembly, Conference & Exhibition.
4. View the winners of the 2016 ASQ Awards.
5. Download the PDF version of this media release.
Telephone: +1 514 373 1223
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254