Montreal, Canada, 2017-Mar-26 — /Travel PR News/ — The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that “Creating Sustainable and Safe Operations in an Interconnected World” will be the theme for the inaugural Safety and Flight Ops Conference. This is the successor event to the successful IATA Ops Conference, with an increased emphasis on safety content.
“Safety is at the heart of everything we do, so it makes sense to ensure that it is front and center at the industry’s premier flight operations event,” said Gilberto Lopez Meyer, IATA’s Senior Vice President, Safety and Flight Operations. The 2017 Safety and Flight Ops Conference will take place in Seoul, Republic of Korea, 24-26 April.
The speaker line-up reflects the diversity of stakeholder organizations that play a role in ensuring aviation safety and efficiency. Presenters include:
- Alexandre de Juniac, Director General and CEO, IATA
- Andrew Herdman, Director General, Association of Asia Pacific Airlines
- Jeff Poole, Director General, CANSO
- Carey Fagan, Executive Director for International Affairs, FAA
- Florian Guillermet, Executive Director Operations and Programme, SESAR Joint Undertaking
- Rudy Kellar, Executive Vice President Service Delivery, Nav Canada
- Steve Creamer, Director Air Navigation Bureau, ICAO
“Last year, we saw a reduction in total accidents, fatal accidents and fatalities compared to the five-year average, which tells us that aviation is getting even safer. And our success is built on cooperation among all stakeholders. The Safety and Flight Ops Conference is an opportunity for operations and safety professionals to join together to share knowledge and best practices for safe, efficient and sustainable flight operations,” said Lopez Meyer.
Sessions will cover:
- Economics of Safety
- Utilizing Social Media to Support Flight Operations
- Regulatory Impacts on Multiple AOC Operations
- Airport Operations and Efficiency
- Ground Operations and Maintenance Safety
- Extracting the Value of “Big Data” in Aircraft Operations
- ATM Transformation – Challenges and Opportunities
- New and Emerging Technology Transforming Aviation
- Performance-based Regulations – Oversight
The conference will also offer a number of specialized workshops on safety and operations-related subjects.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967