- Airline confirms summer 2019 schedule with new route and increases from Dublin and Shannon
- Flights from Cork Airport to Providence-Boston to return next summer
LONDON, UK, 2018-Jul-23 — /Travel PR News/ — Norwegian today (Jul 20, 2018) continues its growth in Ireland by announcing its new expanded 2019 summer schedule with 37% more weekly departures to the USA and Canada. Consumers can now book the airline’s lowest fares for travel to the US East Coast and Ontario next summer with fares available from €129 one way at www.norwegian.com/ie
Voted World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline 2018 by Skytrax, Norwegian currently operates flights from Dublin, Shannon and Cork airports to New York Stewart International Airport and Providence TF-Green Airport on the US East Coast. Flights are operated using brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft that feature up to 189 leather seats, which are currently being upgraded to a new slimline seat that will offer passengers enhanced comfort and greater space.
Norwegian’s increased 2019 summer schedule from Ireland has 40 weekly transatlantic departures and is now available to book for travel from 31 March 2019, as follows:
- Hamilton-Toronto – The brand-new daily service to Canada commences on 31 March 2019 and will mark the first direct flight between Hamilton and Dublin. The new route provides passengers with greater choice and flexibility for travel to Toronto and nearby Niagara Falls. Fares from €189 one way.
- Providence-Boston – Norwegian will increase flights to Providence, Rhode Island to a daily service next summer, up from five flights per week. One of America’s oldest cities, Providence provides good access to Boston and other ideal summer destinations in New England such as Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Fares from €129 one way.
- New York – Consumers will continue to benefit from twice-daily flights on Norwegian’s popular Dublin-New York route following the introduction of a daily morning departure in April. The route allows for day trips to New York State, giving leisure and business customers more affordable choices for travel in the busier summer holiday period. Fares from €129 one way.
- New York – Norwegian will increase its summer service to New York Stewart International Airport from three to five flights per week due to strong passenger demand. Fares from €129 one way.
- Providence-Boston – Business travellers and holidaymakers will continue to benefit from four flights per week to the heart of New England next summer. Fares from €129 one way.
- Providence-Boston – Norwegian will continue its seasonal service to Providence-Boston with three flights per week. The airport’s only flights to the US will continue to offer Cork residents a direct transatlantic link during the busier summer season. Fares from €129 one way.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We are excited to increase our transatlantic flights next summer to meet demand and continue expanding our presence in Ireland. The market presents a clear opportunity to deliver more high-quality flights at lower fares for consumers on both sides of the Atlantic.
“Norwegian’s expansion continues in summer 2019 with the launch of our first route to Canada, bolstering popular routes and maintaining much-needed direct transatlantic services to maximise choice and flexibility for Irish business and leisure customers.”
All customers on Norwegian’s transatlantic flights to the USA from Dublin and Shannon benefit from the U.S Preclearance facilities at each airport.Norwegian customers landing in the US would be treated as domestic passengers, allowing for a quicker transition through the airport upon arrival.
Norwegian also serves the European cities of Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Helsinki direct from the Irish capital with fares from €33.51 one way.
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline has been voted the World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline for the fourth consecutive year at the renowned SkyTrax World Airline Awards 2018, and Europe’s Best Low-Cost Airline for the sixth year running.
Notes to editors
- Fares are per person based on lowest one-way fare including taxes and charges
Flight schedule – all times local
Dublin – 28 transatlantic flights per week from €129:
- Hamilton-Toronto – daily flights, depart Dublin at 14:40, arrive Hamilton at 17:25
- New York Stewart Intl – twice daily flights, depart Dublin at 08:10 and 14:30, arrive Stewart at 10:30 and 16:50
- Providence-Boston – daily flights. Depart Dublin at 15:00 (14:45 on Fri, Sun), arrive Providence 17:05 (16:50 on Fri, Sun)
Shannon – nine transatlantic flights per week from €129:
- New York Stewart Intl – 5x weekly flights (Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun). Depart Shannon 15:40, arrive Stewart at 17:50
- Providence-Boston – 4x weekly flights (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun). Depart Shannon 15:30 (Mon, Fri) 16:20 (Wed, Sun), arrive Providence 17:20 (Mon, Fri) 18:10 (Wed, Sun)
Cork – three transatlantic flights per week from €129:
- Providence-Boston – 3x weekly flights (Tue, Thu, Sat). Depart Cork 16:20, arrive Providence 19:05
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline’s free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights
+44 (0)20 3874 6100
For customer service: 0330 8280854