HONG KONG, 2018-Jun-21 — /Travel PR News/ — Mandarin Oriental, Milan has launched a luxury accommodation package for guests wanting to immerse themselves in the whimsical world of Italian designer Piero Fornasetti, one of the most original and creative talents of the twentieth century. Guests booking the Fornasetti Designer Experience will receive a custom-made Fornasetti art piece and an opportunity to go behind the scenes at the Fornasetti Store to experience the full extent of designer’s extraordinary talents. Available until 31 December 2018, the package includes other benefits too, not least accommodation in the hotel’s enchanting Fornasetti Suite.
Created in tribute to Piero Fornasetti, the Fornasetti Suite is graced with lofty ceilings and abundant natural light and is furnished with original Fornasetti pieces. Painter, sculptor, interior designer and book engraver, Fornasetti lived most of his life in Milan. During his career, he created more than 13,000 items to form a magical world of luxury design filled with wit, character and playfulness. Often featuring heavy use of black and white, his work influences fashion and room accessory design today, from pieces of furniture to porcelain plates.
The Fornasetti Designer Experience package includes a three-course lunch with wine-pairings for two people at Michelin-starred Seta. Run by award-winning Executive Chef Antonio Guida, the restaurant serves refined gourmet cuisine in sophisticated surrounds, with decorative Fornasetti plates adding a pinch of fun to the elegant interiors. Guests will enjoy a private two-hour tour of Milan’s Fornasetti Store, after hours, accompanied by a Fornasetti specialist, who will reveal the designer’s delightful creations and offer expert advice on bespoke furniture designs and selecting from custom-made collections.
Also, guests will receive a Fornasetti piece, which is available solely at Mandarin Oriental, Milan and the nearby Fornasetti Store. The statement art piece – a porcelain plate – features a hand-painted historical design of the sumptuous dome of Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping arcade. Part of the Cupole d’Italia(Domes of Italy) series, the original design was created by Piero Fornasetti in 1979 in tribute to Milan and has been re-edited by the Fornasetti creative team to celebrate the hotel’s striking Fornasetti Suite.
The Fornasetti Designer Experience is priced from EUR 6,500 per night, and includes:
- Accommodation in the Fornasetti Suite, created in tribute to Italian master of design Piero Fornasetti. The suite is furnished with original Fornasetti pieces
- A delicious full breakfast for two served daily in the privacy of the Fornasetti Suite or in the warm, vibrant surroundings of Mandarin Bar & Bistrot
- A three-course lunch with wine-pairings for two people at Michelin-starred Seta run by award-winning Executive Chef Antonio Guida
- A Fornasetti porcelain plate, as a welcome gift, featuring a gold hand-painted design of the dome of Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping arcade
- A bespoke two-hour tour of Milan’s Fornasetti Store led by a Fornasetti specialist, who will provide expert advice on bespoke creative furniture designs and selecting from the store’s custom-made collections.
- A complimentary welcome drink on arrival
- A copy of the hotel’s Mandarin Oriental, Milan city guidebook featuring plenty of tips on exploring Italy’s most vibrant metropolis
- Complimentary round-trip transfer for two from Malpensa or Linate Airports
The package is available until 31 December 2018, with a minimum two-night stay required. Bookings can be made at www.mandarinoriental.com
ABOUT MANDARIN ORIENTAL, MILAN
Mandarin Oriental, Milan is housed in the re-development of four elegant 18th Century buildings ideally located in via Andegari, in the fashionable heart of the city. The hotel offers a charming mix of style and luxury, with 70 elegant rooms and 34 spacious suites. Guests can discover exquisite dining in the beautiful setting of Italian fine dining restaurant, Seta run by acclaimed chef Antonio Guida and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Mandarin Bar. Both venues have access to two beautiful outdoor courtyards, offering al fresco dining options. The 900 square-metre Spa features six treatment rooms, and there is a world class hair salon, a manicure and pedicure studio, a fitness centre and an indoor swimming pool.
ABOUT MANDARIN ORIENTAL HOTEL GROUP
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 31 hotels and eight residences in 21 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development, and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
SOURCE: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Limited
Assistant PR Manager
+39 02 8731 8888