Tokyo, Japan, 2013-10-11 — /travelprnews.com/ — Japan Airlines announced today details of its second installment of the JAL NEW SKY PROJECT, fully revamped Boeing 767-300ERs named JAL SKY SUITE 767, which will be first introduced on flights between Tokyo (Narita) and Vancouver from December 09, 2013.
The introduction of JAL SKY SUITE 767 service was initially announced on May 30, 2013*1. Based on a theme of “Designed to evoke a ‘one-class higher’ feel”, the revamped aircraft boasts increased comfort and functionality. The fully-flat seats in Business Class (JAL SKY SUITE II) provide unobstructed aisle access for an undisturbed flight allowing maximum personal enjoyment and a soothing rest. Additionally, JAL SKY WIDER in Economy Class offersincreased pitch and a slim-style seatback design resulting in approximately 10 cm (max.) more legroom than the present seat pitch.
*1For more information, please visit http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201305/002528.html
JAL SKY SUITE 767 will be first introduced on flights between Tokyo (Narita) and Vancouver, and thereafter on flights between Tokyo (Narita) and Kuala Lumpur from January 2014. The airline also plans to expand this new service onto other long-distance Southeast Asia and Honolulu routes.
JAL is continually striving to bring passengers a unique and completely refreshing onboard experience with the expansion of JAL NEW SKY PROJECT- “Welcome! JAL New Sky”
1. The Start of Service: From December 09, 2013*2
*2 The schedule for launching the new service is subject to change due to the process of revamping.
2. Available Route: Between Tokyo (Narita) and Vancouver (JL017/JL018)
3. Aircraft: Boeing 767-300ER, named “JAL SKY SUITE 767” (“SS6” in flight timetable)
4. Outline of New Seats*3
|Class||Number of Seat||Name of New seat|
|Business Class||24||JAL SKY SUITE II|
|Economy Class||175||JAL SKY WIDER|
*3 For more information about the seats, please visit JAL website.
- Advanced seat selection on the new JAL SKY SUITE 767 will be available starting today.
- The introduction of JAL SKY SUITE 767 service between Narita and Kuala Lumpur and the schedule for expansion of this new service will be announced on the JAL website as soon as it has been decided.
Journalists with media enquiries please contact the press office: email@example.com / Tel: +81-3-5460-3109 / www.jal.com/en/corporate/