Tokyo, Japan, 2020-Jul-10 — /Travel PR News/ — During the month of July 2020, a series of historic storms hit the Kyushu region of Japan and the damages have been extensive, including the destruction of homes, widespread power and water outage, and the loss of precious lives. The JAL Group would like to send our sincere condolences to all who have lost loved ones during this difficult time. In order to support the affected regions, JAL will provide free transport of relief goods, donate face masks and blankets, as well as monetary donations collected through the JAL Mileage Bank program and the company`s employees. Details are as follows:
Transport of Relief Goods
JAL will transport relief goods and supplies from July 9-31, 2020. Relief goods and supplies will be carried as air freight under the conditions specified below:
- The shipper and consignee must be from a member of the Japanese government, local municipalities, or a public institution (i.e. Japanese Red Cross Society)
- Contact information of the shipper and consignee must be provided
- The arrival point must be near the affected regions on routes operated by the JAL Group
- Arrangements for surface transportation at the departure point and arrival point must be completed by the shipper beforehand
- Shipments must not contain dangerous goods, live animals, or other restricted items
- Contact Information – Japan Airlines Domestic Cargo Operation Center
Tel: 03-5757-3151 (Operates 9:00-18:30 excludes weekends/holidays)
JAL Mileage Bank Donation Drive
JAL is offering its full support and is calling on its JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) members to donate miles to raise funds necessary for relief work.
– Application Period: July 15 ~ August 31, 2020 (until 23:59 Japan Time)
– Mileage for application: Donation will be accepted in units of 500 miles, as an amount of JPY500 per donation. JMB members can make mileage donations on JAL’s website, which will be made available on July 15.
JAL Group Employee Donations
The company will be accepting voluntary donations from all JAL Group staff around the globe and will be added to the relief fund.
About Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines (JAL) was founded in 1951 and became the first international airline in Japan. A member of the oneworld® alliance, the airline now reaches 412 cities in more than 60 countries and regions together with its codeshare partners. Awarded as one of the most punctual major international airlines and a certified 5-Star Airline by Skytrax, JAL is committed to providing customers with the highest levels of safety and quality in every aspect of its service and aims to become one of the most preferred and valued airlines in the world.
For media queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Japan Airlines