MCLEAN, Va., 2013-06-14 — /travelprnews.com/ — Hilton Worldwide today announced honors for its top annual development awards in North America. Awards are presented in five categories across the company’s portfolio of hotels, including: Developer of the Year, Best Conversion, Deal of the Year, Outstanding Achievement and Lifetime Achievement. Recipients are awarded based on criteria ranging from total number and quality of hotels developed to impact on community and fastest construction time.
“For this last year and a half, Hilton Worldwide has seen significant growth throughout the globe, much in part due to our dedicated franchisees,” said Ian Carter, president-global development, Hilton Worldwide. “The strong relationships we have forged over the years with our owner partners allow us to continue to provide superior service to our guests, while also expanding our footprint.”
Each full service and focused service brand within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of ten market leading brands honors a Developer of the Year. The awards for 2012 include:
Developer of the Year
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Driftwood Hospitality – Hilton Tampa Downtown
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Bayview Hospitality, Inc. – DoubleTree Toronto Downtown
- Embassy Suites Hotels: BPR Properties – Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown
- Hilton Garden Inn: Chartwell Hospitality LLC – Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Convention Center
- Hampton Hotels: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc. – Multiple Hampton Hotels
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Campus Apartments – Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia/University City
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Baywood Hotels – Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore/White Marsh
- Multibrand: Widewaters Hotels
The Lifetime Achievement Award was awarded to Robert A. Indeglia Jr., president and chief executive officer of Magna Hospitality Group. Headquartered in Warwick, RI, Magna is a privately held hotel real estate investment firm that is dedicated exclusively to hospitality investment, development and management.
“We are delighted to honor Robert and the team at Magna with the Lifetime Achievement Award,” said Carter. “The long-standing relationship with Hilton Worldwide and his dedication to developing our brands has not gone unnoticed and we wish to congratulate him on this achievement.”
Franchisees honored in additional categories include:
- Hilton Hotels and Resorts: Hilton Miami Beach Cabana Hotel – a Rockpoint/Highgate/Witkoff Joint Venture
- DoubleTree by Hilton: The St. Louis Union Station – Lodging Hospitality Management
- Hilton Garden Inn: Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood – RLJ Lodging Trust
- Hampton: Hampton Inn Washington DC/White House – OTO Development
Deal of the Year
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Waldorf Astoria Chicago – Equity Group Investments
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Hilton Santa Fe Mexico City – E-Group & Diámetro Arquitectos
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Tropicana Las Vegas – A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Tropicana Las Vegas
- Embassy Suites Hotels: Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa, Ala. – Kemmons Wilson, Inc.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown – First Hospitality Group
- Hampton: Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown, NH – Cathartes Private Investments & XSS Hotels
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Center City – 1200 Arch Hotel Partners LP
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Homewood Suites by Hilton Midtown Manhattan West, NY
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Jose Luis Martinez, Juan Carlos Martinez, Gisella Martinez – Hilton Lima, Peru
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Homecourt Hospitality – DoubleTree by Hilton North Charleston
- Hilton Garden Inn: The Loudermilk Companies – Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Buckhead
- Hampton: Premiere Development Group Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: Turf Hotels – Homewood Suites Saratoga Springs, NY
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Griffin Stafford Hospitality – Home 2 Suites Durham, NC
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 94 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.