- Extended, multi-risk travel insurance includes COVID-19 cover and offers passengers more peace of mind when travelling with flydubai
- Coverage automatically applied to all passengers purchasing a flydubai ticket from 01 December
- Insurance is available at no additional cost
Dubai, UAE, 2020-Dec-10 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based flydubai has announced that it will provide passengers with a new multi-risk travel insurance which will be automatically applied to all passengers purchasing a flydubai ticket from 01 December 2020.
Passengers who purchase a flydubai ticket, through the flydubai website or mobile app, flydubai travel shops, the flydubai Contact Centre or through any flydubai travel partner, will automatically receive the new, multi-risk travel insurance, provided by AIG Travel, at no additional cost. In addition to multi-risk coverage, the insurance also provides COVID-19 coverage. The policy covers both return and one-way trips outside of a passenger’s country of residence.
Commenting on the announcement, Hamad Obaidalla, Chief Commercial Officer at flydubai, said: “the safety and wellbeing of our passengers and crew remains our highest priority. Our multi-risk travel insurance will offer passengers more confidence to travel knowing that they will be looked after at every step of their journey. We expect the demand for travel to increase during the upcoming winter holidays season and this will give our passengers greater piece of mind.”
Key benefits of the policy include:
• Coverage for overseas medical expenses and emergency evacuations for up to USD 500,000 valid for COVID-19 and other medical emergencies while traveling abroad.
• Up to USD 7,500 for trip cancellations or curtailments for non-refundable costs, including if the traveller or a relative (as defined in the policy) is unable to travel because they are diagnosed with COVID-19 before the scheduled trip departure date, or for other named reasons.
• Up to USD $150 per day per person for quarantine at destination, capped at 14 consecutive days, if the traveller tests positive for COVID-19 or is unexpectedly placed into a mandatory quarantine by a governmental body.
• Coverage for personal belongings & travel inconvenience, cancellations related to airspace closure, personal accidents, winter sports and certain other events.
All coverage is subject to the policy’s terms and conditions. For full terms and conditions, please visit: flydubai.com
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 236 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 48 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 65 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of more than 50 Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 75 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubai Newsroom.
+971 555 174 642