London, UK, 2014-1-31 — /travelprnews.com/ — Eurostar, the high-speed passenger service linking London and mainland Europe has today introduced a new ticket offering in partnership with German high-speed rail operator, Deutsche Bahn. From today, tickets are available to purchase to six popular cities in Germany – Aachen, Cologne, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich.
For the first time, travellers are now able to purchase via eurostar.com one single ticket valid for their entire journey for travel to the six German cities. Tickets are available from only £49.50 for a one-way ticket to Aachen, Cologne, Bonn and Düsseldorf and from £79.50 to Frankfurt and from £97.50 to Munich.
Eurostar runs up to nine services a day to Brussels Midi station and from there it is just a simple change of platform to connect onto a high-speed ICE Deutsche Bahn train to Germany. In common with Eurostar’s popular ‘Any Belgian Station’ tickets, there will be no seat reservations for the Deutsche Bahn portion of the journey, so passengers have the flexibility to take a later train if they would like to spend time in Brussels.
In addition to the six German cities available to buy via eurostar.com, a further six stations – Hamburg, Berlin, Hannover, Essen, Bremen and Duisburg – will be on sale exclusively via Eurostar’s contact centre.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director for Eurostar commented; “With over 6 million passengers currently travelling by air between London and Germany each year, we see huge potential to encourage more travellers to make the switch from air to high-speed rail. In partnership with Deutsche Bahn our fast, frequent and comfortable service to Germany will strengthen the links between the two countries and help transform the way people travel between these important financial and tourist hubs.”
“As we enter our twentieth year of operation, we’ll be making many more announcements over the coming months including new routes, extra services and importantly, our new fleet of trains. Our ambitious expansion plans were bolstered with the announcement last autumn of direct services to Amsterdam from 2016 and continue today with our new ticket offering to Germany.”
For more information about travel to Germany or to book tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call 08432 186 186.
*** ENDS ***
Notes to Editors
Journey times and fare for a single journey:
- London – Aachen : 3 hours 32 minutes from £49.50
- London – Cologne: 4 hours 25 minutes from £49.50
- London – Bonn: 5 hours 22 minutes from £49.50
- London – Düsseldorf: 5 hours 41 minutes from £49.50
- London – Frankfurt: 5 hours 34 minutes from £79.50
- London – Munich: 9 hours 28 minutes from £97.50
- London – Duisburg: 5 hours 20 minutes from £49.50
- London – Essen: 5 hours 55 minutes from £49.50
- London – Hannover: 7 hours 38 minutes from £79.50
- London – Bremen: 8 hours 24 minutes from £79.50
- London – Hamburg: 9 hours 22 minutes from £97.50
- London – Berlin: 9 hours 10 minutes from £97.50
- Eurostar is the high-speed train service linking St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International, Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Disneyland® Paris, Avignon and the French Alps.
- Eurostar was established in 1994 as a partnership between three railway companies: SNCF, SNCB and LCR (London and Continental Railways). On 1 September 2010, Eurostar became a single, unified corporate entity owned by three shareholders: SNCF, SNCB and LCR.
- The current Eurostar train was first introduced into service in 1994 carrying 750 passengers and operating at speeds of up to 300kph. Since then, the fleet of 28 trains has carried more than 140 million passengers between London and the Continent. Following their refurbishment these trains will continue to form a core part of the Eurostar fleet. The new Eurostar e320 will carry more than 900 passengers at speeds of up to 320kph.
- Eurostar is a founder member of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s leading high-speed train operators that is developing simpler ways to book and travel on the fast-expanding European high-speed rail network.
For more information about Eurostar please contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t: 00 44 (0) 20 7843 5500