TORONTO, 2012-12-19 — /travelprnews.com/ — The boutique cities surrounding Toronto have a lot to offer visitors who prefer small town charm over the hustle and bustle of a big city this holiday season. From festive carriage rides and carolers to exclusive winery events, do not miss your chance to experience the holiday spirit of Brampton, Streetsville, Mississauga and Niagara-on-the-lake with friends and family.
- Enjoy a carriage ride and travel in style through Brampton’s historic downtown this holiday season through December 29th. This exclusive horse-drawn carriage tour will provide a picturesque view of heritage attractions, great restaurants, art galleries, salons, spas, shops, and of course the famous Rose Theatre.
- Enjoy the full Broadway treatment of Charles Dickens’ classic holiday story A Christmas Carol from December 13th -17th at the Rose Theatre. Complete with falling snow, exuberant dances, ghosts and the streets of Dickensian London, this spectacular musical ran for ten years at Madison Square Garden.
- For more information on Brampton’s holiday events: www.catchthespiritbrampton.com/calendar
- Streetsville is a former mill town well known as Mississauga’s “Village in the City.” Situated on the picturesque banks of the Credit River, the town combines a well-preserved streetscape with inviting retail shops. It is also the ideal locale for old-fashioned holiday festivities. If you enjoy the warmth of Christmas past, then be sure to visit Streetsville on December 15th and 22nd to enjoy strolling carolers. Carolers dressed in old fashioned costumes will entertain young and old with traditional carols.
- For more information on Streetsville’s holiday events: www.villageofstreetsville.com
- A two-hour-drive from Toronto on the shore of Lake Ontario, Niagara-on-the-Lake is well known for its front-porch beauty, theatre, dining and historic sites. The area is also celebrated for its vineyards.
- This season, the Wineries of Niagara-on-the-Lake celebrate the holidays with the Stocking Days of Christmas. Each of the 28 participating wineries will offer a range of festive events, tasting experiences and open houses. Enjoy access to new and limited releases – the perfect gifts for the hard to please wine lover on your list. Event listings are being posted daily by each of the wineries, so make sure you check out www.wineriesofniagaraonthelake.com/events
Pre-flight airport specials with parking:
- The new ALT Hotel Toronto Pearson is offering a pre-flight for $199.00 single/double occupancy. The stopover package includes one night’s accommodation and 8 nights’ parking in the covered Value Park Garage of Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. The ALT Hotel is situated steps from the LINK train station offering free light rail transit to and from the airport and offers a covered walkway to the Value Park Garage. www.pearson.althotels.ca/en
- Enjoy overnight accommodations at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre in a spacious suite with one king bed or suite with two queen beds. Complimentary highspeed internet, daily full hot breakfast, onsite & offsite parking for up to eight nights included. www.homewoodsuites3.hilton.com
- Just 10 minutes south of Pearson International Airport, experience Hamptonality at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre. Package includes 8 days on or offsite parking for one car, hotel accommodations, hot breakfast and 24-hr shuttle to and from the airport. www.hamptoninn3.hilton.com
About Tourism Toronto
Tourism Toronto, Toronto’s Convention and Visitors Association, is an industry association of more than 1,200 members established to sell and market the greater Toronto region as a remarkable destination for tourists, convention delegates and business travelers around the globe. Tourism Toronto operates in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport as Regional Tourism Organization 5, representing the cities of Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton. For more information please visit www.seetorontonow.com.
For more information contact:
416 987 9088