Vancouver, BC, 2012-12-13 — /travelprnews.com/ — ‘Tis the season to replace resolutions with reservations! With Tourism Vancouver’s annual Dine Out Vancouver Festival just one month away, now is the perfect time for local and out-of-town foodies to visit the new Dine Out website and book event tickets as well as hotel rooms and packages – essential ingredients for a full-blown culinary celebration.
This year’s Dine Out events feature one-of-a-kind experiences from the talented chefs, restaurateurs and food gurus who contribute to Vancouver’s reputation as a world-class culinary destination. Some of the festival’s most highly anticipated events include:
- Plated & Paired at the Public Market – a rare, after-hours opportunity to taste the best of Granville Island paired with BC VQA wines.
- The Grape Debate – a wine-focused debate among industry leaders followed by tastings of more than 20 B.C. wines.
- Hawksworth @ Holt Renfrew – an intimate evening at Holt Renfrew’s designer boutiques featuringchampagne cocktail reception, informal modelling of the Spring 2013 collections, and dinner with wineand dessert by Hawksworth Restaurant.
- Secret Supper Soirée – a culinary-centred trolley tour including two secret dining locations, delicious food, cocktails, wine and entertainment.
- Act 1, Eat 1 – a theatrical collaboration that pairs unique performances with communal dining at restaurants throughout the city.
Hotels participating in the 2013 Dine Out Vancouver Festival feature rooms priced at $78, $108 and $138 (per room, per night), and many are also offering food-focused packages guaranteed to please diners’ palates. Rates and packages are available for stays taking place January 18 through February 3, and can be booked through www.dineoutvancouver.com. Participating restaurants will be revealed and reservations open on January 7 (advanced reservations open for American Express cardholders on January 3).
“This year’s range of events and hotel packages is better than any in Dine Out history,” said Lucas Pavan, festival coordinator. “Everyone from chocoholics to wine aficionados will find something to suit their taste. Dine Out is the perfect time for locals and visitors to indulge in a culinary holiday.”
About Dine Out Vancouver Festival:
Presented by Tourism Vancouver, Dine Out Vancouver Festival is a city-wide celebration of eating out, attracting tens of thousands of local and visiting foodies to Vancouver’s exceptionally diverse collection of restaurants for 17 days. Now in its 11th year, Canada’s largest restaurant festival allows diners to sample menus from hundreds of restaurants around the city, all for a prix fixe cost (price points are $18, $28 and $38 per person) and many with suggested BC VQA wine pairings (available at an additional cost). Dine Out also offers special hotel room rates and packages, plus a full menu of unique food-themed events and activities, including culinary tours, cooking lessons and special dining experiences. Throughout the festival, diners can take part in the Best Bite Awards by voting for their favourite festival experiences and be automatically entered to win the Dine Out for a Year contest. Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2013 runs from January 18 to February 3.