in partnership with Annely Juda Fine Art and Hatchards
London, UK, 2021-May-18 — /Travel PR News/ — Brown’s Hotel, a Rocco Forte Hotel in Mayfair, has launched ‘The Great Hockney Escape’ experience in time for its re-opening on 17th May and the opening of ‘David Hockney: The Arrival of Spring, Normandy, 2020’ at The Royal Academy of Arts this summer.
Located on Albemarle Street in the heart of historic Mayfair, Brown’s Hotel is ideally situated for art-lovers visiting the capital this summer, just five minutes on foot from The Royal Academy and surrounded by hundreds of independent art galleries.
Hockney enthusiasts can pair a trip to the highly-anticipated RA exhibition, opening on 23rd May, with the hotel’s experiential package, which includes a private gallery tour with one of the artist’s life-long London art curators, exploring several of David Hockney’s more recent original portrait paintings. Guests will also find a selection of arty souvenirs in their room including a signed copy of Martin Gayford’s new book, ‘David Hockney’s – Spring Cannot Be Cancelled’, from Hatchards on Piccadilly.
Brown’s will also provide a landscape painting kit from MasterPeace to inspire guests to paint their very own work of art and document the arrival of spring in London’s Royal Parks. Budding artists can also take inspiration from David Hockney’s video art installation in Piccadilly Circus, just a short walk from the hotel, which launched on 1st May, titled ‘Remember You Cannot Look At The Sun Or Death For Very Long’. Representing a message of hope and collaboration, the piece is another of Hockney’s masterpieces that was drawn in Normandy.
The package, available to book from 19th May until 27th September, includes:
- A one-night stay in an Executive Room
- Breakfast for two at Charlie’s or enjoyed in-room
- Hockney-inspired welcome cocktails at the famous Donovan Bar
- An exclusive gallery tour with David Hockney’s curator at The Annely Juda Fine Art Gallery
- David Hockney’s – Spring Cannot be Cancelled new book by Martin Gayford from Hatchards and A Shop Kit acrylic set by MasterPeace
Brown’s Hotel offers The Great Hockney Escape for £510 for two.
A donation of each booking will go towards The David Hockney Foundation.
For more information, please visit: https://www.roccofortehotels.com/promotions/promotion/the-great-hockney-escape/browns-hotel/
To book, please contact Reservations on 0207 493 6020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- The Great Hockney Escape is available to book 19.05.21 – 27.09.21
- Subject to availability, valid for Executive Rooms and above
- Cancellation policy: 48 hours in advance of booking
Group Communications Director
+44 (0) 20 7766 3113
Source: Rocco Forte Hotels