- To support customers’ health and wellbeing pre-flight, British Airways has launched a new ’Forty Winks’ nap lounge, which opened on May 17
- Complimentary and self-service via the ‘Your Menu’ lounge app – customers do not need to pre-book
- The ’Forty Winks’ lounges will also feature in the Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York’s JFK Terminal 7 when global travel restrictions ease
London, UK, 2021-May-21 — /Travel PR News/ — British Airways has this week unveiled its latest lounge enhancement, the new ’Forty Winks’ nap lounge, featuring power nap sleep pods.
The new pods are currently available in British Airways’ First Lounge at London Heathrow. The airline will then be adding these sleep pods to its Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York’s JFK Terminal 7 when global travel restrictions ease and those lounges open.
Introduced in partnership with Restworks, the ‘Forty Winks’ lounge allows customers in need of some pre-flight shuteye the chance to power nap in a dedicated EnergyPod.
The EnergyPod is the world’s first chair designed exclusively for power napping. With its unique combination of gravity neutral positioning and privacy visor, the EnergyPod is the premiere nap pod for short rest in the workplace. By providing nap pods for rest in its First and Concorde lounges, British Airways is supporting customer wellbeing and helping beat jetlag while on the move.
The Heathrow First Class ‘Forty Winks’ lounge is complimentary and operates on a self-service basis so customers do not need to pre-book. There are seven pods available and customers can use the ‘Your Menu’ lounge app to check if a pod is available in real time. This information will also be available on a screen outside the Forty Winks entrance. As part of the airline’s ongoing commitment to keep customers and colleagues safe, Dettol hand sanitiser stations will be positioned in the nap lounges, and Dettol antibacterial wipes will be used to keep the pod surfaces clean after each use.
Customers can set the timer on the EnergyPod to the desired duration or use the one-touch start button for a perfect pre-programmed 20-minute nap. The EnergyPod reclines to elevate the feet and promote relaxation. The adjustable privacy visor can be swiveled into place to block out distractions. Complimentary audio content for use while in the lounge and traveling can be downloaded via the Restworks Mobile app.
When open, Concorde Room customers will be able book an EnergyPod via dedicated hosts, request a time they would like to be woken and choose a hot beverage to enjoy after their rest. Water and hot towels will be provided to add to the refreshing awakening experience.
Tom Stevens, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said: “We can’t wait to welcome our customers back after a very difficult year, and we’re always looking for new ideas to support our customers’ health and wellbeing pre-flight.
“In late 2019 we carried out a survey of over 100,000 lounge guests asking what they would like to see featured in our lounges. Sleep pods were right at the top of their list. Our ’Forty Winks’ nap lounges will offer a dedicated rejuvenation space for customers as they return to the skies, all self-serviced via the ‘Your Menu’ lounge app. Beating jetlag and catching a snooze on the go has never been easier!”
Christopher Lindholst, Restworks’ Global Managing Director, said: “Being able to rest while travelling is an important way to stay healthy and energised, and what better way to use your dwell time than to catch up on some sleep. We are excited British Airways is making this important investment in customer wellbeing.”
Currently the First lounge is open to all lounge-eligible customers, giving those who are travelling in Club World a chance to try the innovative new sleep pods.
Notes to editors:
Some of British Airways’ departure, arrivals and partner lounges are temporarily closed so currently, the Heathrow First lounge is open to all lounge-eligible customers, giving those customers who are travelling in Club World a chance to try the innovative new sleep pods. When all lounges fully reopen, access to the Concorde Room and First lounge will be exclusively available for customers travelling in First as well as Executive Club Gold card holders and oneworld Emerald members.
Features of the EnergyPod:
- Reclining the EnergyPod elevates the feet and reduces pressure on the cardiac system. The seat contour relaxes the muscles of the lower back with a slight bend of the knees.
- The EnergyPod features high quality synthetic leather upholstery. Soft and smooth, the cushion in the EnergyPod is extremely comfortable. It is also durable and easy to clean.
- Two internal compartments within the EnergyPod ensure the safe storage of personal belongings. There is ample space for a bag.
- There is a privacy visor that can be rotated to the desired position with a gentle pull. The visor provides semi-privacy without overly enclosing, blocking out distractions and concealing the user.
- Customers can set the timer to the desired duration or use the one-touch start button for a perfect pre-programmed 20-minute nap.
- British Airways Lounge users can download the Restworks mobile app with complimentary audio content for use in the EnergyPod and while they travel.
You can read more about Restworks at https://rest.works/solutions/metronaps-energypod/
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Source: British Airways