DENVER, COLORADO, 2018-May-23 — /Travel PR News/ — Brand USA, the destination-marketing organization for the United States, has introduced new marketing opportunities for its industry partners. The range of programs include Brand USA Original campaigns that feature music and culinary themes to promote U.S.-bound travel, and offer opportunities that allow partners to extend their marketing reach into specific global markets.
Brand USA Originals are cooperative-marketing programs that Brand USA develops and offers exclusively. Many are proprietary. Others are marketing packages that Brand USA creates in partnership with travel media, and major travel and lifestyle brands. These programs are available to Brand USA’s growing network of more than 800 partners.
“We are excited to now offer a variety of video-based products among our Brand USA Originals,” said Christopher Thompson, Brand USA’s president and CEO. “Video is a versatile and engaging medium, which can deliver inspiring, interactive storytelling programs that are highly effective for reaching targeted audiences.”
Thompson announced the new programs at IPW 2018, a major exposition for generating visitation to the United States, held this year in Denver. The U.S. Travel Association produces the annual event and Brand USA is its premier sponsor.
The new Brand USA Original campaigns include:
- Culinary – RoadfoodTM, an episodic content series, highlights hidden gems and iconic American dining experiences available to travelers who are driving from one particular U.S. destination to another. The series will air on GoUSA TV, Brand USA’s dedicated entertainment channel for streaming-TV platforms. It will also reside on Brand USA’s consumer website, VisitTheUSA.com and will be promoted across various social channels.
- American SoundTM – This series of music videos expands on the success of a recent campaign that used five new interpretations of the classic song “Do You Wanna Dance” to reflect the unique musical flavor of five different U.S. cities. Two new songs will be the basis for 10 more destination-inspired, music-video interpretations. All of the songs will air on Brand USA’s GoUSA TV program, “American Sound.” They will also be available on VisitTheUSA.com.
- Digital Tour-Operator Campaign – This pilot program, developed with six partners in the United Kingdom, used destination-specific digital media to increase U.S. bookings. The program started in January and runs through this month. It will resume in the fall. In 2019, Brand USA will expand the program to Brazil, France, and Germany.
- China (“Wander to the Rhythm”) – This interactive application builds on Brand USA’s current music-themed marketing. Chinese musical artists serve as guides for consumers who can take selfies and digitally insert themselves into featured U.S. cities, and accessorize the images with “”stickers” that feature landmarks and attractions linked to the highlighted U.S. locations. They can then share their images on social media.
- Entertainment & Culture Digital Content– This web-based program highlights the people, places, and sounds that evoke different U.S. destinations. Partners can leverage Brand USA marketing that hinges on high-quality, music-themed content that resides on VisitTheUSA websites around the world. The program also includes joint-marketing campaigns with Spotify.
Brand USA’s new market-specific programs include:
- Canada (Rogers Media) – Brand USA partners can target the Canadian market using TV spots and digital ads on the Rogers Network. Rogers Media is Canada’s leading communications and media company.
- Canada (FlightNetwork) – This alliance also allows partners to target the Canadian market. It uses travel promotions on FlightNetwork’s website, Facebook page and in email newsletters. FlightNetwork is Canada’s largest online travel agency.
- China (influencer program) – “I Know This Spot,” created by American-born influencer Jessica Beinecke, introduces Chinese followers to can’t-miss places and attractions in different U.S. cities. Beinecke, who speaks fluent Mandarin, also presents the nuances of American culture, like how to order a drink at Starbucks or access a particular city’s subway system.
- News U.K. – Combining advertorials in The Times and The Sunday Times, leading U.K. newspapers, with Storyful, a prominent global content creator, this campaign showcases the diversity of travel experiences available in the USA.
About Brand USA
Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, was established by the Travel Promotion Act as the nation’s first public-private partnership to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. travel policies and procedures to worldwide travelers. The organization’s mission is to increase international visitation to the USA in order to fuel the U.S. economy and enhance the image of the United States worldwide. Formed as the Corporation for Travel Promotion in 2010, the public-private entity began operations in May 2011 and does business as Brand USA. According to studies by Oxford Economics, over the past five years Brand USA’s marketing initiatives have helped welcome 5.4 million incremental visitors to the USA, benefiting the U.S. economy with more than $38 billion in total economic impact and supporting, on average, more than 51,000 incremental jobs a year.
For industry or partner information about Brand USA, visit TheBrandUSA.com. To discover more about the USA and the boundless diversity of American travel experiences and authentic, rich culture, please visit Brand USA’s consumer website VisitTheUSA.com and follow Visit The USA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
SOURCE: Brand USA
Director, Media Relations
Send Email | 202.793.6376 Ext. 376