EDINBURGH, Scotland, 2018-Sep-06 — /Travel PR News/ — A stunning bed and breakfast, made famous in TV drama Dr Finlay’s Casebook, has struck gold after achieving a prestigious Quality Assurance (QA) award from VisitScotland.
Arden House in Callander, has been awarded a four-star gold accolade from the national tourism organisation.
The Victorian home is surrounded by the town’s stunning scenery with the beautiful Bracklinn Falls sparkling nearby and features rooms named after the TV show’s characters.
The gold award highlights establishments within the QA Scheme that strive to exceed customer expectations on an on-going basis, whilst taking an innovative and proactive approach to customer care.
Arden House recently featured in VisitScotland’s TV Set in Scotland guide after serving as the home of Doctors Finlay and Cameron and their housekeeper Janet on the popular 1960s show which followed the life of the doctor’s office with Callander doubling for the fictional town of Tannochbrae during the late 1920s.
But these days the B&B – which features a putting green – is home to Dawn and Gary Pringle who have owned the property since 2012.
Arden House has also achieved a VisitScotland Taste Our Best award, which connects the places people visit with first-class food and drink experiences through a quality mark that stands out to locals and visitors alike, and the B&B is a part of the VisitScotland Information Partnership Scheme – with visitors accessing local knowledge directly from the people who live and work in the area.
It also offers an Access Guide for guests with extra needs and locals in Callander have set up a community group called Accessible Callander with the aim of becoming a more inclusive destination.
Dawn Pringle said: “We are delighted to receive the four-star gold award and really proud to have this recognition. We strive to provide guests with a unique and memorable stay at Arden House and this award shows that our hard work is paying off. We look forward to continuing to work with VisitScotland to fly the flag for Callander and the surrounding area.”
Neil Christison, VisitScotland Regional Director, said: “Arden House is a fantastic example of the quality experience on offer in Callander and the wider Stirling area. It’s no surprise that Dawn and Gary’s hard work and commitment to providing a quality service is being recognised with this prestigious award.
“The Quality Assurance awards help businesses to reach their full potential and truly shine. The scheme is about more than just the ‘stars’ on the door – it’s about the entire visitor experience, about investing in your business, driving-up quality and creating jobs. Delivering a quality experience that meets, and exceeds, visitor expectations is crucial in making Scotland a must-visit, must-return destination.”
For more information on VisitScotland’s Access Guides, Quality Assurance, VIP, and Taste Our Best schemes visit www.visitscotland.org
For more information on Arden House visit www.ardenhouse.org.uk
Notes to Editors
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
- This will be supported by five overarching strategies: Marketing, Events, Quality and Sustainability, Inclusive Tourism, International Engagement.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- Spending by tourists in Scotland generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain and contributes around £6 billion to Scottish GDP (in basic prices). This represents about 5% of total Scottish GDP
- For VisitScotland’s press releases go to http://www.visitscotland.org/media_centre.aspx, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions go to http://www.visitscotland.org/
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
2018 Year of Young People
- The Year of Young People (YoYP 2018) will inspire Scotland through its young people aged 8 to 26, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contributions to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally
- Central to YoYP 2018 will be a celebratory events programme that puts young people at the heart of its development and delivery, creating new and valuable experiences for young Scots and the wider public, with links to the inaugural 2018 European Championships.
- Over 200 young people throughout Scotland are currently being recruited to become YoYP 2018 Ambassadors. Ambassadors will ensure that people and organisations in their communities know about what’s happening and will lead on projects and activities to create events and opportunities to celebrate young people.
- The Year of Young People will have six themes which were developed in co-production with young people themselves:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing – supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture – celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
- Further information on what’s happening and how people can get involved can be found on the new website www.yoyp2018.scot or @YOYP2018 on Twitter.
Corporate Press Officer – National
Growth Fund, Travel Trade, Expo, Literary Tourism, Forth Valley
0131 472 2223
Out of hours – 0131 472 2324