LONDON, UK, 2023-Mar-02 — /Travel PR News/ — The UK Civil Aviation Authority has today (March 01 2023) launched its next round of funding to help support airspace modernisation projects across the United Kingdom.
Airspace modernisation is essential to making sure that invisible piece of the UK’s national infrastructure – the road of the skies – is fit for purpose. The Airspace Modernisation Support Fund (ASF) will provide much-needed support to help achieve this goal.
The ASF will provide financial support to eligible projects that aim to support the ambitions of the Airspace Modernisation Strategy, helping to deliver quicker, quieter and cleaner journeys, as well as creating more capacity for the benefit for those who use and are affected by UK airspace. Projects funded by the ASF previously have included those looking at reduced aircraft noise, Electronic Conspicuity, and improved Flight Information Displays.
Stuart Lindsey, Head of Airspace Modernisation at the UK Civil Aviation Authority said:
“We are delighted to launch this year’s first call for proposals for the Airspace Modernisation Support Fund, which will provide vital financial support to airspace modernisation projects that aim to improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of our airspace.
The Fund is a vital tool in enabling those interested in supporting and furthering the modernisation of the UK’s airspace to seek some financial assistance, helping them progress ideas and concepts to the benefit of airspace’s many stakeholders.”
The Fund gives the opportunity for organisations to seek financial support that cannot be funded by other means. It is open to organisations in the UK aviation industry actively engaged in modernising UK airspace.
The call for applications is open from today (1 March 2023) until 31 March 2023. A further call for proposals will open later in the year.
- More information on the Airspace Modernisation Support Fund can be found on UK Civil Aviation Authority’s website. Applications to the Fund can be made via an application form; the completed form should be sent to email@example.com no later than 31 March 2023.
- The ASF is open to proposals from recognised UK legal entities, other than NERL and the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- There have been seven projects previously funded by the Airspace Modernisation Support fund.
- The UK Civil Aviation Authority published it’s refreshed Airspace Modernisation Strategy in January 2023, setting out a vision for the future of UK airspace which will help deliver quicker, quieter and cleaner journeys, as well as create more capacity for the benefit for those who use and are affected by UK airspace.
- The Secretary of State has given the UK Civil Aviation Authority the function to prepare and maintain a coordinated strategy and plan for the use of all UK airspace for air navigation up to 2040, including for the modernisation of the use of such airspace. This is consistent with the UK Civil Aviation Authority’s role as specialist aviation regulator and its statutory responsibilities.
- More information on the Airspace Modernisation Strategy 2023–2040.
Source: UK Civil Aviation Authority