- The London City Airport Travel Portal, designed by Effect Digital and powered by Netflights, is now live.
- In one place, it provides passengers with information to support their summer travel choices, from booking flights to departure and arrival testing requirements for all of London City Airport’s current and upcoming destinations.
- New routes from the airport this summer include Gibraltar, Jersey, San Sebastian and Split.
London, UK, 2021-Apr-21 — /Travel PR News/ —As Britain gears up for a summer like no other, London City Airport has produced a new travel portal to help passengers make informed travel plans.
With the latest travel guidelines set out by the UK providing only part of the picture, the portal is a one-stop-shop for understanding the entry requirements of individual countries, links to the latest tourist board information and COVID-19 rates, as well as local expectations on where travellers will need to wear a face mask. For example, it reflects the latest update announced by Portugal that UK visitors no longer need to quarantine on arrival.
From the portal, passengers will be able to directly book the lowest possible fares for their destination as well as the necessary pre-departure or UK arrival test at London City’s onsite testing centre.
Neil Dillon, Marketing Director, London City Airport, said:
“For the time being, there is a lot more for passengers to consider when making their travel choices. We hope our new travel portal will help demystify the experience as well as inspire them to discover some of our amazing UK and European destinations this summer.
With the COVID-19 vaccination programme ramping up across Europe, the portal will be regularly updated to capture the easing of restrictions across all our key markets and will help passengers shape their summer 2021 travel itineraries.”
The airport’s home carrier, British Airways operated by BA CityFlyer (BACF), recently announced new twice weekly services to Jersey and Gibraltar and expect to offer services to a variety of summer sun destinations across the Mediterranean including Ibiza, Palma, Faro, Malaga, Nice, Santorini and Mykonos.
San Sebastian and Split, which were scheduled to start last summer, will be new routes from the airport with San Sebastian the only direct flight from London to the culinary capital of the Basque country.
For travellers wanting a UK staycation, there will be flights to Belfast City, Edinburgh and Glasgow with British Airways as well as Loganair offering the quickest way to connect from Dundee to London.
Notes to Editors:
- The Travel Portal, detailing the latest destinations reachable direct from London City Airport can be found at https://travel.londoncityairport.com
- Passengers can search and book all destinations worldwide at https://londoncityairport.netflights.com/
- Further information on the airport’s onsite Testing Centre is available here: https://www.londoncityairport.com/test
- Effect Digital is an award-winning, Leicester-based digital agency, found at https://effectdigital.com
- Netflights is an ABTA member and all holidays are ATOL protected.
- Destinations currently served by the airport include Belfast City, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, and Dusseldorf with British Airways CityFlyer (BACF), Amsterdam with KLM, Vilnius with LOT Polish Airlines, Dundee with Loganair and Luxembourg with LuxAir.
- BA CityFlyer (BACF) has announced a route map of 25 destinations from the airport this summer, including services to Malaga, San Sebastian, Faro, Florence, Ibiza, Mykonos, Santorini, Nice, Palma and Split.
- London City Airport was awarded with the Global Health Accreditation Standard by the Airports Council International (ACI) in October 2020.
- The airport was recognised as one of the best airports in Europe for customer experience in the 2020 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7646 0000
Source: London City Airport