- The airport welcomed almost 150 attendees to its first jobs fair since the pandemic begun, to showcase current employment opportunities, with nearly 1 in 3 attendees applying for live vacancies.
- London City Airport, in partnership with UMi and Newham Council also sponsored the Royal Docks Business Recovery event, providing procurement support to local businesses, ahead of the airport’s Meet the Buyer event to be held later this year.
London, UK, 2022-Mar-04 — /Travel PR News/ — London City Airport (LCY) hosted two successful events this past week to support its recruitment drive and recovery of local businesses, following the pandemic.
Over the weekend, the airport welcomed almost 150 guests to its first jobs fair since the pandemic begun, to showcase current employment opportunities, with nearly 1 in 3 attendees applying for live vacancies. Other airport partners, such as Swissport, British Airways CityFlyer, Pret A Manger and Truman’s also promoted job vacancies at the event.
For anyone who could not attend the Jobs Fair, LCY vacancies continue to be advertised here. Other airport partners’ job vacancies can be found on their individual websites (see links below in the Notes to Editors).
London City Airport’s Chief People Officer, Michael Spiers, said: “We were delighted to host this series of events and work closely with our local community, as we start to recover.
“With Covid-19 restrictions relaxed, the airport is now entering an exciting phase and our recruitment drive is testament to our – and our airport partners’ – confidence in renewed growth.”
Two days before that, LCY worked in partnership with UMi and Newham Council to run the Royal Docks Business Recovery event – a free session for local businesses that covered procurement advice, tips on how to run a business during turbulent times and supply chain opportunities in the public sector.
London City Airport’s Head of Corporate Affairs, Lucy Craven, spoke at the Business Recovery event, setting out the airport’s expected passenger growth through 2022 and how the business wants to recover in a supportive and sustainable way for local businesses. Lucy also announced that the airport will host its Royal Docks Meet the Buyer event later this year, which will be its first once since the pandemic begun.
The Royal Docks Business Recovery event featured prominent local stakeholders, with updates and presentations from Councillor Genevieve Kitchen, who serves as Deputy Cabinet Member for Community Wealth Building at Newham Council and colleague, Rose Younger MCIPS, Director of Procurement. Frank Herkströter from Innovate UK Edge hosted a session on ‘Running a Business in turbulent times’ and a virtual exhibition was also held after the sessions with local SME support programmes. Over 80 local businesses attended the event, including local businesses such as, Promo2u Limited and Kilnbridge Construction, to name a few.
UMi Chief Commercial Officer, Suzanne McCreedy, commented: “By working together with partners, such as London City Airport and Newham Council, we’re able to make an even bigger difference to help businesses do more and go further.
“The event was a brilliant example of that, focusing on making it easier for businesses to know and understand how to best recover and run a business during turbulent times, equipping them with what is needed to put themselves in the best possible shape to win new business in and around the Royal Docks area.”
Notes to Editors:
- All current LCY job vacancies can be found here: https://www.londoncityairport.com/corporate/careers
- For job vacancies at LCY’s partners, please go to their individual websites, some of which are listed below:
- Swissport: https://www.swissport.com/en/careers/search-jobs
- Pret A Manger: https://pret.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home?c=pret
- British Airways CityFlyer: https://careers.ba.com/search-jobs
Tel: +44 (0)20 7646 0000
Source: London City Airport