DUBAI, UAE, 2018-Apr-30 — /Travel PR News/ — flydubai, the Dubai-based airline, announced today that flights to Sulaimaniyah will resume from 10 May 2018. The carrier now operates to five points in Iraq including Baghdad, Basra, Erbil and Najaf. The decision to relaunch the flights was taken following the Iraqi authorities’ announcement that that the airport reopened in March 2018.
Flights FZ205/206 will operate between Dubai International Airport, Terminal 2 and Sulaimaniyah International Airport on Thursdays and Sundays and will be the 92nd destination on the codeshare list with Emirates.
Commenting on the recommencement of flights to Sulaimaniyah, Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, said: ” We are pleased to see the direct air links between the UAE and Sulaimaniyah return after three years of suspension. flydubai first operated to the Kurdish city in 2010 and we have seen over the years the positive demand from the region. We look forward to further strengthening our network in Iraq, a key market that has been witnessing a rise in investment, trade and tourism.”
Sulaymaniyah’s economy today relies on tourism, agriculture and a rising number of SMEs, most of which are involved in the building trade. The city is also home to the second biggest museum after the national museum in Baghdad, and hosts a number of Kurdish and ancient Persian artefacts dating back to 1792–1750 BC.
Iraq is an important market for flydubai served by 46 weekly flights. Operating from Dubai’s aviation hub, passengers from Iraq have access to a wide network of destinations in Europe, Asia, India and Russia.
flydubai recently announced the launch of flights to Helsinki in Finland and inaugurated a number of routes including Dubrovnik in Croatia, Krakow in Poland and Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The carrier has grown its network to more than 95 destinations in 48 countries, served by a fleet of 61 modern Boeing 737 aircraft.
Return fares to Sulaimaniyah from Dubai start from AED 6,500 in Business Class and AED 1,500 in Economy class, while return fares to Dubai start from USD 1,500 and USD 370 respectively.
For the full flight schedule, fares and promotions please visit www.flydubai.com or contact the Customer Centre on +971600 544445.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 100 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 296 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 47 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 61 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 50 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
+971 555 174 642