DUBAI, UAE, 2018-Apr-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based flydubai was recognised by His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of flydubai for the contribution and support it has given to the development of Dubai as a global hub for aviation. Hamad Obaidalla, Chief Commercial Officer at flydubai, received the award on behalf of the airline.
In addition, flydubai was recognised by the readers of Business Traveller Middle East magazine at this year’s Business Traveller Middle East Awards held during the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) at the Palazzo Versace, Dubai. The recognition reflects flydubai’s commitment to enhance connectivity and deliver convenient and reliable travel services.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer at flydubai, commented on the occasion: “We are pleased to be recognised across the business by the industry during the Arabian Travel Market. It demonstrates the hard work of the flydubai team and the recognition by our passengers of the exceptional travel experience we offer across our network. In the last 12 months, flydubai embarked on a number of initiatives including an extensive codeshare partnership with Emirates offering passengers the opportunity to travel on a single ticket across the world and most recently the launch of Holidays by flydubai, for travellers to book holiday packages consisting of flights, hotels and optional ancillary services. This recognition marks the success of these initiatives as well as the introduction of our new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft with a fully flat bed in Business Class.”
flydubai was also recognised for its work with dnata, the Emirates Innovation Lab and IBM in successfully completing a Proof of Concept (PoC) using Blockchain Technology for Airfreight Transportation in Dubai. It received the Editor’s Choice Award for Special Achievements in Air Cargo at this year’s Logistics Middle East Awards.
Since the start of 2018, flydubai has announced the start of 10 new destinations on its network. With the recent start of flights to Dubrovnik, Kinshasa and Krakow and upcoming route launches to Catania, Helsinki and Thessaloniki flydubai’s comprehensive network has grown to over 90 destinations in 47 countries. flydubai has taken delivery of six Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft which will enhance flydubai’s operational performance, while offering passengers an exceptional travel experience.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 100 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 296 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 47 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 61 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 50 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
+971 555 174 642