LONDON, UK, 2020-Aug-11 — /Travel PR News/ — British Airways is extending its Book with Confidence policy for customers booking flights and holidays throughout September 2020, to cover journeys for a whole year, up to 31 August 2021.
The policy allows customers to change the dates and destination of their booking without incurring a change fee, or to cancel their booking and receive a voucher for use at a later date. Full details can be found at ba.com.
That means customers wishing to book in September can take advantage of some fantastic deals, confident in the knowledge that their booking with British Airways is as changeable as the current situation. Deals include:
- Tenerife – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 5* GF Victoria from £709pp, travelling 01 September 2020 – 30 September 2020. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Heathrow, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation with breakfast. Book by 19 August 20. For reservations visit ba.com/tenerife
- Barbados – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 4* South Beach Resort, from £819pp, travelling 1 October 2020 – 31 October 2020. Includes World Traveller return flights from Gatwick, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation with breakfast. Book by 23 August 20. For reservations visit ba.com/barbados
- Antigua – British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 3* Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, from £899pp, travelling 1 October 2020 – 31 October 2020. Includes World Traveller return flights from Gatwick, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation with All Inclusive. Book by 23 August 20. For reservations visit ba.com/antigua
Andrew Brem, British Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, said: “We know how hard people work and how much they look forward to their holidays, so we want to give them the confidence to book, safe in the knowledge they can change their booking should they choose to.
“Anyone booking this September who plans to travel all the way up to the end of August 2021, can now take advantage of amazing deals and be reassured their precious holidays are well protected.”
British Airways Holidays also has a range of other benefits to help travellers who are trying to plan ahead, including low deposits – from just £75 per person – as well as the opportunity to pay their balance in as many instalments as they wish. Final payment is now not due until three weeks before travel, offering even greater flexibility. Full details of the new Customer Promise and all of British Airways Holidays flexible booking policies can be found at ba.com/holidays.
Avios can also be used towards Reward flights, upgrades, hotels and car rental. When using Avios part payment, customers can pick from a range of savings by destination and cabin and they still collect Avios and Tier Points on their booking.
And customers who choose to take out travel insurance through British Airways’ preferred travel insurance partner, Allianz Assistance, will be covered in the event that they or their family are diagnosed with the virus, or need to quarantine. More information can be found on the airline’s dedicated travel insurance pages on its website.
Safety is at the heart of British Airways’ business and the airline has introduced a range of measures, which it requires customers and crew abide by. These include:
- checking-in online, downloading their boarding pass and where possible self-scanning their boarding passes at the departure gate
- observing social distancing and using hand sanitisers that are placed throughout airports
- wearing a facemask at all times and bringing enough to replace them every four hours for longer flights
- asking customers not to travel if they think they have any symptoms of Covid-19
- cabin crew wearing PPE and a new food service, which reduces the number of interactions required with customers
- asking customers to ensure they have everything they need from their hand luggage before departure, and where possible, storing their carry-on bag under the seat in front of them
The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
Notes to editors:
- Terms and conditions apply
- All flights, hotels and prices are subject to availability
- Customers should check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website for the latest travel advice to any destinations they are considering travelling to, to ensure they are following latest information.
Source: British Airways